Beat Surrender & Stereo Underground - BBC Radio

They’ve done a shake up & Beat Surrender is stopping & Stereo Underground going to a midweek shorter slot. Anybody got any recommendations of decent music shows on BBC Sounds I can subscribe to.

These basically played owt punk, new wave, indie, alternative, ska type gear.

Shame they’re going, canny little weekend listen when trying to get rid of the hangover.

Most of 6 music for me. When i get sick spotify
6music all the way
I listen to 6music daily, but stuff like Cerys & Guy Garvey aren’t really my thing on a weekend. This was just canny easy listening with a few things hoyed in that I might have forgot about or not heard of.

I like not being in control sometimes otherwise I go back to the same stuff.

Currently moving between Hak Baker & Antony Szmerick on Spotify radio.

I download David Rodigan & Don Letts shows off Sounds as well, but I’ve got to be in the right mood for them.

Shocking decision this. Beats Surrender is by far the best music programme on local radio. A great listen on a Saturday night and even sweeter after we’ve had a good result:

The BBC can fuck right off like
Radio Newcastle are arseholes. They moved the guess the year thing from 12 to 1 so you can’t listen to it during bait time at work and have to put up with stories about colostomy bags instead. Why get rid of BS? It’s ideal for that time slot on a sat.
It’s not bbc Newcastle’s decision though is it? It’s a wider BBC shake up in local radio due to funding cuts. This however is a show that should have been saved.

Last edited:
Shocking decision this. Beats Surrender is by far the best music programme on local radio. A great listen on a Saturday night and even sweeter after we’ve had a good result:

The BBC can fuck right off like

It’s not bbc Newcastle’s decision though is it? It’s a wider BBC shake up in local radio due to funding cuts. This however is a show that should have been saved.
It wasn’t very inventive, but as I said, easy listen on a Sunday with a hangover.

It appears there was a Beat Surrender last night. I thought it was finished last Saturday?

Anyway, looks like In Utero is the album of the week.

Stereo Underground has popped up on my Sounds from Wednesday too, so all is not lost. Still 2hrs, I’ve obviously misunderstood when I thought it was a shorter slot.

It appears there was a Beat Surrender last night. I thought it was finished last Saturday?

Stereo Underground has popped up on my Sounds from Wednesday too, so all is not lost. Still 2hrs, I’ve obviously misunderstood when I thought it was a shorter slot.

I think there are a couple more Beat Surrenders but it’s a disgrace that its going.

Stereo Underground is my preference out if the two and a better live listen with the interaction with the host imho. Gutted it went to Wednesdays but at least it’s still there.

I got into it in lockdown via bbc sounds. Doesn’t look like they replaced it with anything special, looks like it’s a show the used to be broadcast on a different day of the week that’s been extended from an hour to 2 hours.

So one of them hasn’t finished, and the other one isn’t a shorter slot?! 😉😂
Beat Surrender is definitely finishing, might have been the last one last night?

Aye, other one will just appear on my Sounds midweek, so no hardship as I’d only listen on a weekend anyway. Although it appears this week the featured artist is the Hoosiers :neutral:

Might give the latest David Rodigan episode a blast today.

i’m exactly the same. love 6 music , but switch to Spotify when there’s too much jungle or chat
I listen to 6 during the week, but the weekends are hard going sometimes like. Or when they’ve got an interview on mid morning that no-one but the host is bothered about. Some random bloke talking about the beauty of a soundtrack to a documentary on pansies on sumat.

I listen to 6 during the week, but the weekends are hard going sometimes like. Or when they’ve got an interview on mid morning that no-one but the host is bothered about. Some random bloke talking about the beauty of a soundtrack to a documentary on pansies on sumat.
Or Mary Anne gets all precious about some dead rock star….

It's on BBC Tees only next week as Mags game is on.
Think it has 2 weeks after that

Back