Beat Indian takeaway in Sunderland

Was it any good then? Must be new as awaiting inspection from scores in the doors so im always reluctant to order until i see the score.
I didn’t get chips in the end.

I really enjoyed it. Don’t know if it was just because it was Keema but the rice came in the same size carton the curries usually do (love my rice so that was a nice surprise).

Sri Lanka curry had a bit too much of a lemon taste for me but was still really nice.

I think that may be the only Indian I have never been to in Sunderland
Well worth a try

Take your own drink
I find it quite hit and miss tbh. I have some meals that were fantastic but others that were really average
Only problem I have with that place is you can get the same meal two times in a row and the heat (spiciness) can be completely different.

Still very nice though

Last edited:
Always use Mumbai Silk for takeaways as it’s a nice bar to sit in while you wait. Food is also top notch. They do a special every night before 7pm as well. Called in at 7.15 the other night and they still let me have it. Nice lads also.
Not take away however took the family there for a birthday meal the other day -we had that special menu and it was tremendous -very busy -great bar /decor -and well looked after .
Big place but most tables taken on a Sunday night .. good sign -everyone loved their food

Back