Beale

Sadly, I suspect that’s down to them being shit.

Personally, I thought the Ukrainian lad looked ok but Mowbray, Dodds and now Beale, don’t seem impressed
I don't think it's ability personally, I think it's the language barrier and communication difficulties.

Hemir, Burstow and Mayenda just aren't ready to start games and lead the line yet.

Hemir hasn't been in the past few match day squads I don't think? A loan is surely going to be lined up for him in Jan?

Last edited:
Apart from a few mistakes on our part I thought we effectively nullified a Hull team who have been getting excellent reviews for attacking football, a big festive crowd at home, and a team higher than us in the league.

The game plan clearly worked.

Going forward some of the old frustrations were still evident but there were a few green shoots, few more early balls into the box, it felt quicker in transition.

This was light years away from the Coventry game and it had to be as that was unacceptable……hopefully we will see continued positive improvements

It is still the case that we need a striker and defensive midfielder. Will be interesting to see our outgoings and incomings in Jan

The Coventry game felt very much like the Boro game. Obviously boro were helped by shit refereeing but the lads ultimately just collapsed.

We’re not Real Madrid, or Bayern. We have to sell to grow.

Selling Clarke should unlock a decent kitty to go out and improve the squad. I don’t know what part of that you fail to understand. Are you even aware we are playing with no proper DM, no LB, no striker and a stand in CB? Signing players who can play those positions well, would you know - improve us.

Idiot man.
Yes, I’m aware we’re not Real or Bayern, I was talking principles.

We sold RS for decent money, what players did we improve the squad with?

If we sell Clarke, do you really think we’ll spend the money and improve the team?

So…. what level of DM, LB , CM and/or striker are you going to buy with any sale proceeds from Clarke? You think KLD will buy a third LB for the squad ?

As for strikers, to paraphrase the Frank Sinatra song ( Regrets ) “ Strikers, we have a few but then again too few to mention “

I don’t dispute we need some new, preferably experienced players but the questions would be:

Should we sell our best asset?
How much would we get?
How much of the cash would we spend on yet more players?
Would they improve the squad given some of our recent acquisitions?
Who the hell is going to score the goals for us on a regular basis if Clarke goes?

Last edited:
Same old shite formation that relies on Roberts and Clarke... needs to be more proactive and find a way to get something out of our strikers instead of playing midfielders upfront
Totally agree with this but is the bigger problem just the fact we don’t have any decent ones? It’s criminal what’s been allowed to happen with our forward recruitment over the last 18 months to 2 years. That said it would be nice to see Rusyn given more of a crack, and I thought Meyenda looked like he had good potential in his recent cameos. Then again, I’m not there at the training ground every day so if they’re piss poor there or not pulling their weight, it’s no real surprise they aren’t getting a look in. It’s quite telling that neither Mowbray or Beale up to now seem to want to play any of them.

Hemir has shown nowt and Burstow even more so.

As for Beale, he’ll win the fans over the same as Mowbray did if he wins us matches and as a bonus has us playing good stuff. Fair play to him yesterday credit should be given when it’s due.

Last edited:

Back