Beale

Not if we get a substantial transfer kitty as a result. Think we can inprove the team massively if we shift Clarke on.

Aye, indeed. Let’s “ improve the team massively “ by moving on our best player and highest goal scorer. Brilliant idea!

No doubt Bayern and Real Madrid will be adopting your footballing philosophy and showing the door to Kane and Jude so they too can massively improve their teams.

Tool…..

I am not speaking for everyone. I'm suggesting that fans may warm to him. So if we beat Newcastle in the cup, you'd still want shot of him?
and? so what if he beats Newcastle? 🫣 I always want my team to win, but I could never see myself wanting him to stay as manager. He’s a nomark chancer. He’ll go the same way as the little hobgoblin.
The only way he leaves is if we go on a horrendous run of results . Is this what you want ?
Daft f***ing question.
Folk said the same about Mowbray tbf. Let’s give the bloke a chance
I’m against his appointment so why would I?

Last edited:
Wouldn’t say so. They weren’t great and neither were we. They had more possession, double our shots on target.
3 games in less than a week and the festive period is always an interesting combination.

Were we 3-0 bad against Coventry? Probably not.

Did we deserve the win today? Maybe.

Beale has a tricky trip to Rotherham, another home trial and then the biggest game of the season.

I'm in

Any manager that brings success will gain popularity. No manager is going to be universally popular. But it seems odd for some to set their face against him to the extent of saying there’s nothing he could do that would change their mind.
Like my old gran feuding with her neighbours.

Massive credit to Beale. I felt it was a mistake to play Dack but to be fair to Beale he is just finding out about the players. Today Beale had a plan which involved a 'false 9' and it worked against a decent Hull side. Yes, it took some Clarke magic but we deserved it. For all our doubts about Beale he deserves major credit for today.
Dack selection was a head scratcher mind but got more right than wrong today, games coming thick and fast and he really can't be judged yet, he's saying the right things in his interviews too, just stating what we have all said (shoot more fanny about less!)
Any manager that brings success will gain popularity. No manager is going to be universally popular. But it seems odd for some to set their face against him to the extent of saying there’s nothing he could do that would change their mind.
Like my old gran feuding with her neighbours.
Some people have gone on utterly ridiculous over the last week or two...

Last edited:
The only thing that you can get a hint of after a new head coach or manager's first couple of games is how the players are responding to the change. On Saturday they were all over the shop and by yesterday they appeared to have got a grip so they might be feeling a bit more settled. Over the next few league games we will get a better idea of how they are coping.

However whether we win or lose the game against the Mags it will not offer any real indication of anything because the Lads will be all over the place emotionally. Excitement -fear- over enthusiasm - disinterest and in the case of some of the Lads from abroad - absolute bemusement.

How is Beale doing or more importantly going to do? Ask me at the end of April.

Aye, indeed. Let’s “ improve the team massively “ by moving on our best player and highest goal scorer. Brilliant idea!

No doubt Bayern and Real Madrid will be adopting your footballing philosophy and showing the door to Kane and Jude so they too can massively improve their teams.

Tool…..

We’re not Real Madrid, or Bayern. We have to sell to grow.

Selling Clarke should unlock a decent kitty to go out and improve the squad. I don’t know what part of that you fail to understand. Are you even aware we are playing with no proper DM, no LB, no striker and a stand in CB? Signing players who can play those positions well, would you know - improve us.

Idiot man.

Apart from a few mistakes on our part I thought we effectively nullified a Hull team who have been getting excellent reviews for attacking football, a big festive crowd at home, and a team higher than us in the league.

The game plan clearly worked.

Going forward some of the old frustrations were still evident but there were a few green shoots, few more early balls into the box, it felt quicker in transition.

This was light years away from the Coventry game and it had to be as that was unacceptable……hopefully we will see continued positive improvements

It is still the case that we need a striker and defensive midfielder. Will be interesting to see our outgoings and incomings in Jan

Back