Be Good, Love Brian

• Thread starter Deleted member 22162
  • Start date
Pretty much out of "Be Good" funds. The last 1k was spent on setting up subsidised training for 10 kids for 20 weeks.

So... want to keep the fundraising approach going but can only really contribute my time.

With that in mind weekend commencing Aug 10th/11th I'll be setting off from the SOL and cycling 2200ish miles in 28 days visiting the 92 league club stadiums (plus Wembley). Newcastle and Carlisle Day 1, finishing with Boro and Sunderland day 28 (with a fair wind)

Working with the local authorities and schools in the area to identify the most needy, I've decided the first school I'll support is The Link in Pallion, an alternative education provider looking after some of the most vulnerable children across Sunderland.

I'm aware it's early but if anyone wants to chip in it would give a nice early boost.

Aiming to raise £4,600 which is huge but broken down it's £50 per club.

If you do donate, please list SAFC as the club you follow in the comments.

It's never too early to "Be Good"😉

Hi Craig,

Admire your fortitude and resilience and what an amazing cause. Happy to make a contribution, but the link has been removed above?

Cheers

Hi Craig,

Admire your fortitude and resilience and what an amazing cause. Happy to make a contribution, but the link has been removed above?

Cheers
Hi Rob,

You've already been more than generous enough mate.

As for the link removal I think that may be forum policy.

It's set up on GoFundMe, if you search for "Be Good" 92 League Clubs Cycle Tour.

Hi Rob,

You've already been more than generous enough mate.

As for the link removal I think that may be forum policy.

It's set up on GoFundMe, if you search for "Be Good" 92 League Clubs Cycle Tour.
Gofundme links are banned en masse because of possible fraud.

That's no reflection on yourself mate, you've done some brilliant work and I loved your book.

Just want to check.

I've had an anonymous transfer of £360 today with the title raffle and no name, which I assume is a mistake as the raffle ended months ago.

If it's someone from off here, let me know and I'll transfer it back.

(unless you meant it and it's just a really kind donation 😉)

Watching the under cosh podcast and listening to how good it was when everything was going well for forest, maybe when it started going wrong on pitch is when it all unraveled, own flat not as close anymore, resentment and daft decisions

There's a film on the way.
Can someone hoy the trailer up please.
What's the latest on a release date please Craig?
@broomo72
Watching the under cosh podcast and listening to how good it was when everything was going well for forest, maybe when it started going wrong on pitch is when it all unraveled, own flat not as close anymore, resentment and daft decisions

No matter what happened I can't justify my/our actions.

Started listening to the wrong people and the voices in my head telling me they didn't love me anymore and were taking the piss.

It sounds even more ridiculous and stupid all these years later.

Last edited:

Started listening to the wrong people and the voices in my head telling me they didn't love me anymore and were taking the piss.

we all have stuff we regret and wish we could change, your actions since have shown your a better person now and what clough did for you, you are trying to do for others, good luck with everything

Absolutely not Craig.
We now live in a society where people are very much more aware of the power of manipulation whether that be human contact or by social media. You were a child and had had a tougher upbringing than most of us could ever imagine. If anything, your story is one of resilience and the strength of the human spirit.
Undoubtedly you betrayed trust and paid a heavy price for that. You learned from it and went on to be a successful person.
Brian Clough would be proud of you.
@broomo72
Do you have any updates with regards the movie that you can share?
It's eagerly anticipated.

Last edited:
Absolutely not Craig.
We now live in a society where people are very much more aware of the power of manipulation whether that be human contact or by social media. You were a child and had had a tougher upbringing than most of us could ever imagine. If anything, your story is one of resilience and the strength of the human spirit.
Undoubtedly you betrayed trust and paid a heavy price for that. You learned from it and went on to be a successful person.
Brian Clough would be proud of you.
@broomo72
Do you have any updates with regards the movie that you can share?
It's eagerly anticipated.

Thanks for those words mate, I've generally found people to much more forgiving than I am of myself.

No concrete updates on the film, just to say it's progressing and is in very good hands production company wise.

I'm having to learn the art of patience.

Back