Be Good, Love Brian

• Thread starter Deleted member 22162
  • Start date

Just wanna bump this thread, bought the book back in April and carried it around since just started and finished it in 3 days which is unheard of.
@broomo72 are you doing something similar at Xmas this year so can make a dontion
DM'd you Billy mate.

I've just raised another £1260 through a raffle on twitter but it's mostly Forest related stuff so didn't update the forum.

That takes the total given to good causes to £21k which has been lovely.

Using the £1260 to buy kids who can't usually afford nice stuff some sports gear and PE kit for Christmas.

Don't have a donate link as such although there is a bank account set up for raffle proceeds.

Just didn't feel right asking Sunderland fans to get stuck in after so many where generous last year.

Anyone wants to contribute, I wouldn't turn it down.

Send me a DM and I'll reply with details.

(receipts for all cash spent and raised will be posted on twitter under craigbromf)

Cheers for bumping the thread as well mate. Much appreciated 👍

DM'd you Billy mate.

I've just raised another £1260 through a raffle on twitter but it's mostly Forest related stuff so didn't update the forum.

Using the £1260 to buy kids who can't usually afford nice stuff some sports gear and PE kit for Christmas.

Don't have a donate link as such although there is a bank account set up for raffle proceeds.

Just didn't feel right asking Sunderland fans to get stuck in after so many where generous last year.

(receipts for all cash spent and raised will be posted on twitter under craigbromf)

Fantastic that marra, well done 😊.

Bought it last week, half way through.
Good read and well worth purchasing for yourself or a Xmas present.
Appears ideal for the movie so looking forward to it.

Anything bout us last book I bought on him was his feud & Hartlepool chairman
Not so much about SAFC Hank. A lot of the book is set in Sunderland and Craig makes reference to certain matches played up here against us and the mags. From memory I think he covers the 1-0 League Cup win against Forest in 85 (Howard Gayle screamer). A lot more about his experiences with Forest. A great read regardless

Anything bout us last book I bought on him was his feud & Hartlepool chairman

Not a lot about us as a club but Sunderland/ Southwick in it a lot. More based on Forest as Clough was manager there when he met Craig as a boy. Story, although having football running through it, is more centred around the extraordinary relationship that developed between Craig and the Clough family

DM'd you Billy mate.

Just finished the book, really enjoyed it

One of the most poignant books you’ll ever read. If you haven’t read it, do not miss out. You’ll laugh and have tears welling up in equal amounts. Clough wasn’t perfect but wow how many people would have done what he did for someone they initially didn’t know from Adam. One of the greatest sporting figures of all time and a canny human being as this book highlights vividly.

Repeat…do not miss!

The Athletic & Guardian articles haven't been linked on here for a year or two so here they are, both paywall free.
Might help with book sales & donations🤞

The remarkable tale of two boys who went begging for pennies and ended up living with Brian Clough

The Athletic & Guardian articles haven't been linked on here for a year or two so here they are, both paywall free.
Might help with book sales & donations🤞

The remarkable tale of two boys who went begging for pennies and ended up living with Brian Clough

Pretty much out of "Be Good" funds. The last 1k was spent on setting up subsidised training for 10 kids for 20 weeks.

So... want to keep the fundraising approach going but can only really contribute my time.

With that in mind weekend commencing Aug 10th/11th I'll be setting off from the SOL and cycling 2200ish miles in 28 days visiting the 92 league club stadiums (plus Wembley). Newcastle and Carlisle Day 1, finishing with Boro and Sunderland day 28 (with a fair wind)

Working with the local authorities and schools in the area to identify the most needy, I've decided the first school I'll support is The Link in Pallion, an alternative education provider looking after some of the most vulnerable children across Sunderland.

I'm aware it's early but if anyone wants to chip in it would give a nice early boost.

Aiming to raise £4,600 which is huge but broken down it's £50 per club.

If you do donate, please list SAFC as the club you follow in the comments.

It's never too early to "Be Good"😉

https://www.**LINK REMOVED**/f/be-good-92-league-clubs-cycle-tour

Back