Bazball

Will be interesting to see how it develops over the next few series, and what happens if we bat first. If we're chasing it could work brilliantly in Pakistan if the pitches are as flat as they have been recently, and in NZ where the pitches get flatter as the game goes on

The new approach increases of chance of winning because unless rain affected whether we bat first or second we scoring that quick that most of the time they will be only two results possible win or lose.

So be very nature we taking one of the results (a draw) out of the equation!!

Meaning we have at least a 50% chance of winning rather than 33% chance :D:D

Last edited:
I’m all for it. Get on England after their first innings and money can be made. It has for me anyway , if you time it right, your can create a position that no matter the result, including the draw, there is profit to be had.

have to hold your nerve though

:lol::lol::lol: We will indeed mr smith. Youve had a taster at headingley in 2019, just to remind you

imagine if a fully fit Jofra comes back steaming in. It will have you jumping again
As long as it doesn't turn out to be a new instalment of the Crying Game 🤔😥😢

As long as it doesn't turn out to be a new instalment of the Crying Game 🤔😥😢
:lol::lol::lol: It still amazes me the Aussies have not won the ashes since 2001 in England. They retained them via a draw last time

having waited from 1986 to 2005 , I hope we extend that streak next year

It's certainly entertaining, and it'll be interesting to see how they manage with this approach on unfamiliar wickets.

I just hope that they still look to pick batsmen who value their wicket as I think you still need at least 1 batsman in the top 6 who can drop anchor a bit. Lees is in that mould but looks better being more positive, a Trott type figure at 2 or 3 would be ideal!

Smith has a point.

It's good that players like Bairstow are playing to their strengths but English wickets this season have been as dead as a doornail in the fourth innings, with the new Dukes ball. How many matches have we, as Durham fans, seen peter out into draws from strong positions because the wicket was doing nothing on day four? Throwing the bat on spicy wickets could simply result in 80 all out, like when we tried this approach under Bayliss. You can't say England have reinvented test cricket till we've successfully employed the strategy away from home.

Back