Bastard BA

For my daughter's 18th, and then again on her 21st, I booked first class tickets to New York for her and my Mrs. Both times BA cancelled their flights from NCL to LHR and gave them later flights which precluded them from lounge access as the gate times were tight. I will never book BA again unless I absolutely have to.
So their NY flight went as scheduled and they just missed out on the lounge access ? I'd take that as a win

Florida is horrider than Whitley Bay
No McEwans scotch in the USA
Lorimer's FFS. Who gives a toss about McEwans?

PS I've only bothered with BA once since they tried to bump me off a 18:00 flight that I'd checked my luggage in for at 8:00 that morning. That one time saw me in a four hour 'security' queue at Heathrow - good job there wasn't a match (or internal flight!) I was trying to get to ...

Last edited:
So their NY flight went as scheduled and they just missed out on the lounge access ? I'd take that as a win
By pure coincidence I was in Saudi both times and got a 'sorry, your flight has been cancelled' text. I had to then call our lass at silly o clock in the morning and try to explain. f***ing BA. They also: Tried to kick me off a flight home on the 23rd December as not fit to fly after 5 pints (captain said I was fine), Said 'gate closed' (different time in T5) when I could see the shuttle bus sitting there with it's doors open (I was pissed that time). Cancelled a flight to Texas from Oman which then meant I had to go Oman-Dubai-Vienna-London-Houston with bare minutes between gates, and I didn't see my luggage for 3 days. I could go on. Not a fan.

By pure coincidence I was in Saudi both times and got a 'sorry, your flight has been cancelled' text. I had to then call our lass at silly o clock in the morning and try to explain. f***ing BA. They also: Tried to kick me off a flight home on the 23rd December as not fit to fly after 5 pints (captain said I was fine), Said 'gate closed' (different time in T5) when I could see the shuttle bus sitting there with it's doors open (I was pissed that time). Cancelled a flight to Texas from Oman which then meant I had to go Oman-Dubai-Vienna-London-Houston with bare minutes between gates, and I didn't see my luggage for 3 days. I could go on. Not a fan.
I'm flying Virgin to the US and Delta back next month ,getting the train to Heathrow rather than trusting that the BA 06:45 from NCL will actually go and be on time

Back