Bastard average speed cameras Testos....advice please

Status
Not open for further replies.
No idea about the average ones like. I think it’s just the ones where you get snapped as you say.

It can apply for average speed check cameras as well.

Ultimately though, the 10%+2 rule is just a guideline, and it can be enforced below that.

I’ve been driving 20 years and I still stick to the limits on that stretch of the A1 and most other roads

I’ve done 80/85 miles an hour on the motorway many a time tbf though.
Amazing how many lorries you see going well over 50 in that stretch. It’s their living gone if they lose their licence.

dont do it, its absolutley horrendous , will definetly take the points next time, ( was about 10 years or more that i got one , you wouldnt believe how i got it if i told you so wont bother )
course has changed since then mate, more interactive.. and you actually learn quiet a bit

Amazing how many lorries you see going well over 50 in that stretch. It’s their living gone if they lose their licence.

I’m convinced they’re doing 54 and it just looks faster. They’d all be losing their license if so.

It is funny when they spend a minute overtaking you in a 50 zone then as soon as its back to 70 you just fly past them.

Did they really need to do that? Berks

Doesn't quite work like that :lol:

like what? Of course it does. They only actually prosecute if you are so far over the limit as they can’t prove it otherwise. Likewise, speedos in cars always claim you’re higher than you really are. Combine these effects and you have to speed by a canny amount to get done
I'm not an expert but I think that is when you get snapped rather than an average thing, I got done years ago going through an average speed limit area on the M62 near Huddersfield and I'm pretty sure my average at the time was 55 in a 50.

The exact rule varies by force, but ultimately they have to prove you are over the limit. If they did you for doing 50.1 in a 50, thered be an easy case when you consider error bands, calibration, mechanical variance from a mean position, interpretation of results and plenty of other things to just get it dismissed in court. Hence they apply some limit to what you can do - it’s also not meant to be an entrapment thing and drifting to 51mph is not really the intention of the cameras to prevent. So whether it’s 10% or 10%+2 or whatever there’ll be some tolerance.

Also your speedometer won’t be accurate - they always overtake the speedo for similar reasons. The accuracy and calibration of all mechanical equipment drifts over time and if the speedo underegged your speed and something happened it’d put the manufacturer in an awkward position

Last edited:
like what? Of course it does. They only actually prosecute if you are so far over the limit as they can’t prove it otherwise. Likewise, speedos in cars always claim you’re higher than you really are. Combine these effects and you have to speed by a canny amount to get done

The exact rule varies by force, but ultimately they have to prove you are over the limit. If they did you for doing 50.1 in a 50, thered be an easy case when you consider error bands, calibration, mechanical variance from a mean position, interpretation of results and plenty of other things to just get it dismissed in court. Hence they apply some limit to what you can do - it’s also not meant to be an entrapment thing and drifting to 51mph is not really the intention of the cameras to prevent. So whether it’s 10% or 10%+2 or whatever there’ll be some tolerance.

Also your speedometer won’t be accurate - they always overtake the speedo for similar reasons. The accuracy and calibration of all mechanical equipment drifts over time and if the speedo underegged your speed and something happened it’d put the manufacturer in an awkward position

Have to be doing 55 to get done in a 40? I doubt it. 48-49 would do it.

Just received a notice to prosecute for doing 46 in the roadworks north bound . Anyone had the same and are there any loopholes? I have more points than Bolton.... does anyone know if these cameras take photos of the driver? As you can imagine, I’m well pissed off.

hope they take your license before you kill someone.

Just received a notice to prosecute for doing 46 in the roadworks north bound . Anyone had the same and are there any loopholes? I have more points than Bolton.... does anyone know if these cameras take photos of the driver? As you can imagine, I’m well pissed off.
One of the things I love here in New Jersey is that we don't have speed cameras or red light cameras. The Yanks may be crazy when it comes to a lot of things, but being able to face your accuser was a fantastic idea. Also, it's quite easy to talk yourself out of a ticket, like when you're doing 85 in a 55 zone.

How do they work? Do they take an average of the first and last cameras you drive through over a certain amount of time, or can you be caught between any two cameras? If it's the former, it's pretty impossible to get points during the day as there's always a massive queue at the lights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back