Barry Bennell sentenced...

Aye. He abused a child too. And still can’t see what he done wrong.

Both exploited a position of power and influence to push sexual agendas towards children.

Ultimately though, I understand that AJ is not Barry Bennell and there is a strong difference. AJ was an idiot who didn't think about the consequences of his actions, Bennell is a f***ing monster who reviled in it.

I don't think this is the end of it. He wasn't Barry Bennell FC.... some football clubs have a lot to worry about.

convicted of 50 offences and gets thirty years, about 7 months per conviction.

AJ got 6 YEARS for one.....the CPS are clearly staffed by mags

Judges decide sentence with guildlines to help, CPS decide what goes to court on the evidence provided. He will get a provisional/eligibility release date based on that sentence but could have additional days awarded for breaking prison rules. The 30 years is the latest release date so he will be going some to get 15 years added on. It used to be called loss of remission but that was back in the 80’s.

When I used to work out such things for the Frankland prisoners the most a Governor could add on was 28 days and if it was really serious the Board of Visitors (now the Independent Monitoring Board) could add a lot more on. I think it’s changed now but I haven’t worked on the inside for a while and not even been to work properly for a year.

He could be eligible for a parole hearing even earlier. This used to be at the third of the sentence point but I’ve found the headliners rarely get out early on parole. Harry Roberts had nee chance, the Police Federation used to come in really hard every time he was up for it and no Home Secretary was ever going to approve it. He ended up doing loads more than his minimum term when he finally got out.

Not as simple as you think.....

Offences committed before 1st October 1992...... You can apply for parole after you have served 1 third of your sentence. If you get parole you will be released from prison on licence until two thirds of the way through. If you do not get parole, you may be able to keep applying every year unless you have less than 13 months left to serve. If you never get parole, you will be released from prison after you have served 2 thirds of your sentence. If you commit another offence while on parole you may have to serve the rest of your sentence.

If I remember correctly that was for sentences of 4 years and over. I used to enjoy sentence calcs more than owt else back in the day.

Last edited:
Judges decide sentence with guildlines to help, CPS decide what goes to court on the evidence provided. He will get a provisional/eligibility release date based on that sentence but could have additional days awarded for breaking prison rules. The 30 years is the latest release date so he will be going some to get 15 years added on. It used to be called loss of remission but that was back in the 80’s.

When I used to work out such things for the Frankland prisoners the most a Governor could add on was 28 days and if it was really serious the Board of Visitors (now the Independent Monitoring Board) could add a lot more on. I think it’s changed now but I haven’t worked on the inside for a while and not even been to work properly for a year.

He could be eligible for a parole hearing even earlier. This used to be at the third of the sentence point but I’ve found the headliners rarely get out early on parole. Harry Roberts had nee chance, the Police Federation used to come in really hard every time he was up for it and no Home Secretary was ever going to approve it. He ended up doing loads more than his minimum term when he finally got out.

good post foggy. for true lifers who have no chance of parole, what are the views on voluntary (of the inmate) death penalty? would save the public purse a few quid no doubt. im sure some would take it versus decades behind bars.

Dunno when AJ will get out, I was just comparing the sentence durations. I presumed it was half term minimum with good behaviour so AJ will be out in 2019. He would tear up league one like.
I thought it was a third of term with good behaviour but may be wrong or longer for certain types of behaviour.

Surely it would cost nothing to starve him to death?

Still miffed that he didn’t try to nonce me. I didn’t think I was that unattractive as a child.

Last edited:
good post foggy. for true lifers who have no chance of parole, what are the views on voluntary (of the inmate) death penalty? would save the public purse a few quid no doubt. im sure some would take it versus decades behind bars.

There are very few ‘whole life tariff’ life sentence prisoners in the system. There are thousands who get out in no time. The life part means they are on life licence forever and not necessarily incarcerated. The shortest tariffs tended to be women who killed their partners in what was more like self defence than murder. A planned murder got more, police killers even more, particularly cruel (something like torture) or multiple murderers get the whole life tariffs

The average time spent in prison for lifers is skewed as it based on the time spent of those who have been released and also after we stopped hanging them. There are plenty racking up the years still inside.

Their supervision lessens on the out over time if they behave. On the death penalty I don’t know I didn’t have much direct contact other than when they were sending money out and stuff. Some like Shipman commit suicide and that basically, is that

Surely it would cost nothing to starve him to death?

Still miffed that he didn’t try to nonce me. I didn’t think I was that unattractive as a child.

It is the legal cost as opposed to the cost of feeding them.
They cost us more when they go on hunger strike and have to be force fed.

In simple terms it used to be that those over 4 year sentences would have a PED parole eligibility date at one third, EDR earliest date of release at two thirds and an LDR latest date of release. They’ve changed the names now but the dates between the EDR and LDR could be affected by breaking prison rules - bad behaviour. Parole could be considered by the Board at the one third point. A prisoner who denies or doesn’t address doesn’t get out at its most basic.

Oh and I used to know the price down to the penny of Catering. It used to be 79p per day per prisoner. Probably a bit more now like.

It is the legal cost as opposed to the cost of feeding them.
They cost us more when they go on hunger strike and have to be force fed.

As I’m feeling typey tonight, they couldn’t be force fed unless they were declared, for want of a better word, insane and not in control of their decisions. Along with suicide risks on constant watch and close supervision the staffing cost was very high.

Last edited:
In simple terms it used to be that those over 4 year sentences would have a PED parole eligibility date at one third, EDR earliest date of release at two thirds and an LDR latest date of release. They’ve changed the names now but the dates between the EDR and LDR could be affected by breaking prison rules - bad behaviour. Parole could be considered by the Board at the one third point. A prisoner who denies or doesn’t address doesn’t get out at its most basic.

Oh and I used to know the price down to the penny of Catering. It used to be 79p per day per prisoner. Probably a bit more now like.

As I’m feeling typey tonight, they couldn’t be force fed unless they were declared, for want of a better word, insane and not in control of their decisions. Along with suicide risks on constant watch and close supervision the staffing cost was very high.

Christ almighty foggy you are like a walking encyclopedia when it comes to the uk incarceration business

I haven’t quoted you in case you want the content removing later, but that is a very interesting career!

I think you're right. On reflection and re-read I've asked for it to be removed, I'm too late to edit. I've tried to be discreet and not name names but I've probably said too much. Cheers marra top man

Back