Barry’s Bargain Superstore In Consett

Last time I was in I took advantage of his unbranded soups at 4 for a pound.
Lobster bisque no less. 25p a can!*
I mean, come on, that glorified post office sells monster claws for more than that.

*when opened, the contents unfortunately was nothing like lobster bisque, it seemed to be closest to oxtail, but smelled worse than an elderly sausage dogs anal glands so went in the bin.
was it in date ?

I mean, come on, that glorified post office sells monster claws for more than that.

*when opened, the contents unfortunately was nothing like lobster bisque, it seemed to be closest to oxtail, but smelled worse than an elderly sausage dogs anal glands so went in the bin.
No offence mind but that was some terrible decision making on your part. A 25p can of lobster bisque soup sounds absolutely disgusting.

Good to see Barry is giving his staff next Monday off. I was tempted to pop up there for some Lurpak @ £3 a pop but will have to give it a miss. In the meantime, I see that Graham has resorted to the lowest/cheapest shot, usually associated with the politician's playbook, have his snap taken with a bairn:

You just know he's thinking of getting the poor little tyke hooked on sugar; you can see it in his eyes. He'll barely be out of nappies before he's lost all of his teeth.

To be honest, from Barry, I would have expected actual lobster claws to be present in the can.

6 bags of golden wonder crisps £1.49 that are 2 weeks out of date. Is Barry taking the piss? Packs of price marked twix £1 down to 75p a week past its sell by date.

Some of the gear is MONTHs past it’s date the absolute scruff.

Shittest shop going on the quiet. And it hums.

Back