Barry’s Bargain Superstore In Consett

Premier Store? I'm not made of money. I'd imagine a three pack would be a pound line at Poundzone's.

In fact, I've got no beer in for the match tomorrow so I'm going to have a dodge up to PZ right now.
Ten bob a can iirc, same as Barr's cola so prollies three for a pund
👍

Try Barry's Bargain Framing. I think it's in Consett.

I thought about that, but framing a picture of his own store might cause a tear in the space time continuum. Not prepared to take the risk.
Just got back from Poundzone. Didn't see Lewis; he was out the back taking an angle grinder to the sell by dates on a case of four-packs(*). Asked Graham for a shout out for the good folk on the SMB but he declined politely, explaining that he gets so many requests he declines them all. Big own goal.

200g Toblerones still a quid (got two). Midget gems indeed do contain the proper black ones (got two backs). A four pack of Tetley and a four pack of Stones, each at £3 with a month left to drink them (not an issue). Have to say that the alcohol section was pretty disappointing.

(*) Don't know where Lewis was.

Last edited:
I thought about that, but framing a picture of his own store might cause a tear in the space time continuum. Not prepared to take the risk.
Just got back from Poundzone. Didn't see Lewis; he was out the back taking an angle grinder to the sell by dates on a case of four-packs(*). Asked Graham for a shout out for the good folk on the SMB but he declined politely, explaining that he gets so many requests he declines them all. Big own goal.

200g Toblerones still a quid (got two). Midget gems indeed do contain the proper black ones (got two backs). A four pack of Tetley and a four pack of Stones, each at £3 with a month left to drink them (not an issue). Have to say that the alcohol section was pretty disappointing.

(*) Don't know where Lewis was.
Where is poundzone I've never heard of it. There's a new pound shop opened on Peel retail park. Is that it?

I’m sure they are that price in Asda on offer mind?

The Hula Hoop offer is amazing like. Crisps are as expensive as gold atm, must be painfully short dated.

£3 for 415g. Poundzone is £3 for 1kg

Lewis and Graham absolutely smashing it out the park

Made my first trip to Barry's today and my goodness what a life changing experience!

First of all, here are the current offers...

Logon or register to see this image

Logon or register to see this image

First impression on entering, it doesn't smell at all. The only thing I could smell were the red hot bargains. The two ladies on the tills, who I'm assuming are two of Barry's wives, were smiling and welcoming.

We spent a good 20 minutes perusing the entire Superstore. Truth be told we could have easily spent all day in there, such was the fabulous customer experience.

Here was our catch for the trip...

Those bags of chilli nuts were £1 for a whole sleeve. You can't see the other two behind them. A box full of McCoy's for £3, bargain. Lots of other odds and ends as well.

Total cost £14.

And of course ill be using those plastic bags as a fashion statement now, they're my bags for life.

It's an utterly resounding 4/4 from Mux, a score which has never been seen in all my time on this fine forum.

Back