Barry’s Bargain Superstore In Consett

Made my first trip to Barry's today and my goodness what a life changing experience!

First of all, here are the current offers...

Logon or register to see this image

First impression on entering, it doesn't smell at all. The only thing I could smell were the red hot bargains. The two ladies on the tills, who I'm assuming are two of Barry's wives, were smiling and welcoming.

We spent a good 20 minutes perusing the entire Superstore. Truth be told we could have easily spent all day in there, such was the fabulous customer experience.

Here was our catch for the trip...

Those bags of chilli nuts were £1 for a whole sleeve. You can't see the other two behind them. A box full of McCoy's for £3, bargain. Lots of other odds and ends as well.

Total cost £14.

And of course ill be using those plastic bags as a fashion statement now, they're my bags for life.

It's an utterly resounding 4/4 from Mux, a score which has never been seen in all my time on this fine forum.
not enough likes for this post, a late contender for post of the year. Magnificent. :D

Made my first trip to Barry's today and my goodness what a life changing experience!

First of all, here are the current offers...

First impression on entering, it doesn't smell at all. The only thing I could smell were the red hot bargains. The two ladies on the tills, who I'm assuming are two of Barry's wives, were smiling and welcoming.

We spent a good 20 minutes perusing the entire Superstore. Truth be told we could have easily spent all day in there, such was the fabulous customer experience.

Here was our catch for the trip...

Those bags of chilli nuts were £1 for a whole sleeve. You can't see the other two behind them. A box full of McCoy's for £3, bargain. Lots of other odds and ends as well.

Total cost £14.

And of course ill be using those plastic bags as a fashion statement now, they're my bags for life.

It's an utterly resounding 4/4 from Mux, a score which has never been seen in all my time on this fine forum.

It's a bit of a trek to get there mate but it is just off the C2C route. If Barry provides a tether for his trolleys then I could see us forming a platoon to bring all of that booty back to Wearside one year via bicycle. It would be like the crusaders returning home with the spoils of war. Maybe have Graham and Lewis at the front in chains to be mocked for their woefully inadequate imitation.

It's a bit of a trek to get there mate but it is just off the C2C route. If Barry provides a tether for his trolleys then I could see us forming a platoon to bring all of that booty back to Wearside one year via bicycle. It would be like the crusaders returning home with the spoils of war. Maybe have Graham and Lewis at the front in chains to be mocked for their woefully inadequate imitation.
:lol::lol::lol:

24 pepsi max £8 its been on offer for £6 at Tesco all month :lol:

Can only imagine how much ye house must smell if you dont think barries stinks
Hew my house is lush. Mind you I was following rules and wearing a face mask which may have impeded any unwanted odours.

Have you actually been in before? It's literally just full of packets and boxes of food, there's nowt fresh, so how it smells is unknown to me. Unless you're following a stinker round! (it is Consett :lol:)

Hew my house is lush. Mind you I was following rules and wearing a face mask which may have impeded any unwanted odours.

Have you actually been in before? It's literally just full of packets and boxes of food, there's nowt fresh, so how it smells is unknown to me. Unless you're following a stinker round! (it is Consett :lol:)
just smells generally unclean. Herons etc smell similar. As do supermarkets abroad occasionally.

At one point they were selling budget low cost cuts and joints of meat btw

My final visit of the year
Hobgoblin 4 cans 5% for £3 or 4 big cans of 4.5% for £2.50
New Years eve only deal 4 still in date Cadbury Selection boxes £5.

Nature Valley Peanut and Chocolate Protein bars 75p, these are a good hangover cure Barry told me, tins of Mini crackers 99p perfect alongside a dram or a Hobgoblin
I can also confirm it does not smell bad at all, I did wonder if it could be due to mask wearing rules, I have a theory on that but I decided to keep it to myself. I wished all the staff a Happy New Year and walked out with 2 designer carrier bags full of bargains for less than 12 quid

When the monorail opens it’s going to be like the Klondike up consett
I taking share options in bbs

Back