Barry’s Bargain Superstore In Consett

Barrys closes on xmas eve at 3pm just on case you need any last minute presents . Re-opens 27th at 9am . Also closed Jan 1st and Jan 2nd and back to 'normal ' on the 3rd, no doubt carnage with Barry's January sale ( can his prices get any lower ???? )

3pm you say? I need something for my special lady. Does he have any Yardley gift sets on special?

Poundzone has gone right off the boil. You can see neither of them dare look at the camera when they deliver their "deal" mantra. The visit that I might have planned is now off.
Edit: i would like to amend my last comment regarding poundzone; they have 360g Toblerones for £2. That's over a kilo of Toblerone for 6 sheets!

Last edited:
Heading there on Saturday for the Christmas shop.
For me Fenwicks window just doesn't have the same magical pull that Barry's does. Maybe I'm getting old, but another slow moving snowman or waving santa just doesn't fill me with the joy that you get with you look at Barry's window and see the handwritten signs, drawing you in;

When there gone there gone
Matchmakers
2 for a pound

Just magical.
If Barry had a shop in bethlehem the poor baby Jesus wouldn't have been stuck with frankincense, the stable would have been glowing and smelling mighty fine thanks to the wise men popping in and picking up a Milton brown candle set for £12.

3pm you say? I need something for my special lady. Does he have any Yardley gift sets on special?

Poundzone has gone right off the boil. You can see neither of them dare look at the camera when they deliver their "deal" mantra. The visit that I might have planned is now off.
Edit: i would like to amend my last comment regarding poundzone; they have 360g Toblerones for £2. That's over a kilo of Toblerone for 6 sheets!
:lol: did see latest video , looks as though got the fatha doing it at moment
Heading there on Saturday for the Christmas shop.
For me Fenwicks window just doesn't have the same magical pull that Barry's does. Maybe I'm getting old, but another slow moving snowman or waving santa just doesn't fill me with the joy that you get with you look at Barry's window and see the handwritten signs, drawing you in;

When there gone there gone
Matchmakers
2 for a pound

Just magical.
If Barry had a shop in bethlehem the poor baby Jesus wouldn't have been stuck with frankincense, the stable would have been glowing and smelling mighty fine thanks to the wise men popping in and picking up a Milton brown candle set for £12.
could be snow next week, be shrewd to go this weekend and brave the masses plus I'm hearing Barrys got his hands on some lateral flow test which could enhance the pandemic experience

Last edited:
:lol: did see latest video , looks as though got the fatha doing it at moment

could be snow next week, be shrewd to go this weekend and brave the masses plus I'm hearing Barrys got his hands on some lateral flow test which could enhance the pandemic experience
When they get a vaccine that ends this forever I bet Barry has it before even the NHS and at a better price, maybe even 3 for a £

Barry has a Big Special for Christmas Day
⛄☃️❄️🏂❄️🏔️⛷️❄️🌨️SNAR!!!!🌨️❄️⛷️🏔️🏂❄️☃️⛄
Beat that Pundzone and Bridgefield Barguns
I couldn't help myself, I had to go and get some Christmas Cheer from Barry
3 tins of Hero's £10 🍬
4 Very LARGE Toblerones £5🍫
12 Bottles Lucozade Sport £4 🥤
Oh and it's Summertime in Consett 11c ☀️😎🌞
Barry must be responsible for vast majority of obesity cases in nw Durham. Must be saving his health food bargains for January.

I saw a Barry’s Bakery shop in South Brisbane last week and it’s just opened up apparently. Are people jumping on Barry’s bandwagon?
I saw 5 iced donuts for $3.00 which is crazy and there are other daily specials, They all seem to be priced well below the manufacturing costs.
Very similar marketing tactics to Barry’s iconic superstore, thoughts ?
Has Barry registered a global brand “Barry’s “ because if so there’s infringed copyright issues perhaps,
Can someone get the word to Barry?

Back