Bargain loving Brits in the sun....where is the rest of Series 10 and missing Series 9 episodes.

Of course. Thick as whale spunk, the lot of them. They'd been over here (and in other countries around Europe) for years and because of freedom of movement and The Schengen Agreement, governments turned a blind eye.

Then the daft twats voted leave, the rest of Europe spat out its dummy and reapplied a 90 day rule which, in reality, was always in place but wasn't implemented. :lol:
Theyre not laughing now. 😆

That figure is now over E28000 but, its not income every year you jus need that amount in the bank which for many will be nee probs as you can live off your income as long as you keep back the ridiculous amount of 28k it being 4 times the Spanish minimum wage. At the end of the 1st year you'll need 56k in your savings and this will cover you for 2 years . The same is reqd at the start of your next 2 year period. After that you'll probably be given a residents visa . You don't need private health cover if you're a British pensioner who qualifies for the British national health cover. You could just fly out here and ignore the rules I've never heard of anybody being caught, just don't apply for benefits.
You're no longer eligible for a Non Lucrative Visa without private health insurance. I read it somewhere on the British Business Association's website, recently. 😕
I always get the impression the place is littered with people who've went over with no real plan and are convinced they can live the dream by scratting about finding the odd bit bar work
That's certainly the case for some but programs like BLBs champion that notion, when it's not really the case. Most of us aren't "make do and mend" as the program suggests and some of the people who feature heavily are VERY well off.

I hate the show with a passion - along with most other shows of its ilk.

Last edited:
They're wrong . Pensioners don't need it . Crazy considering pensioners are most likely to need help . The whole idea is, as you would expect a dogs breakfast .
You're no longer eligible for a Non Lucrative Visa without private health insurance. I read it somewhere on the British Business Association's website, recently. 😕

That's certainly the case for some but programs like BLBs champion that notion, when it's not really the case. Most of us aren't "make do and mend" as the program suggests and some of the people who feature heavily are VERY well off.

Everything you read contradicts what you read before and it, in turn will be contradicted by what you read next . Typically, the Spanish consulates in Edinburgh and Manchester don't answer phones or emails . The rumours of a turnaround for us Brits keep getting stronger . Save your sanity and wait .

Last edited:
They're wrong . Pensioners don't need it . Crazy considering pensioners are most likely to need help . The whole idea is, as you would expect a dogs breakfast .

Everything you read contradicts what you read before and it, in turn will be contradicted by what you read next . Typically, the Spanish consulates in Edinburgh and Manchester don't answer phones or emails . The rumours of a turnaround for us Brits keep getting stronger . Save your sanity and wait .
Ah, then you're possibly right and I've misread it.

For my part, I'm already resident but it really has became a minefield within an obstacle course for those who want to do it now.

What's the crack with these caravan sites you see on them. Are the residents all happy go lucky, salt of the earth types as they like to portray?

What's the crack with these caravan sites you see on them. Are the residents all happy go lucky, salt of the earth types as they like to portray?
There's all types on the sites. Most are just as you've seen though there is a huge amount who were running away from "changing Britain". Funnily, it's usually those types who've been stupid enough to vote leave, because of their intrinsic racism and found themselves forced to return to the country they left behind with no sense of the irony that they had became the illegal immigrants they were running away from. I have to admit to not missing those types. :lol:

When we first moved over here we came over in a van with awning, gazebo... the works. The idea was that we could spend a couple of months living in the van whilst finding the right property for a permanent home. We loved the community on the site so much, though, that we ended up there for 16 months. By the time we moved, mind, we were ready for bricks and mortar again.

Last edited:

Back