Bargain loving Brits in the sun....where is the rest of Series 10 and missing Series 9 episodes.

Easy watching tv with John Thomsons voiceover. For some reason Series 10 hasn't continued on past episode three....also, why has CH5 removed episodes 29 and 35 of Series nine?. I was just binge watching series nine and got to the late twenties.
Lawsuits or something maybe against regulars on the show?.
The greatest mystery of our modern times?.
Possibly, I watch them randomly on channel 5 on Saturdays so not sure about the order.
If I've seen one I just switch over to summat else and then check the next one :lol:

I do like a bit of BLBITS and the missus is always impressed and suggests it's something to look at.

My points of it being a financial none starter, not wanting to start long days and heavy work in a new country and the tax and medical drawbacks always fall on deaf ears.

That first series was cult viewing. Watched it so many times I know the script.

They are still filming new content for it on the costas atm so it’s only been shelved temporarily.

We want to retire hopefully within the decade. Quite fancy Puerto del Carmen, especially the marina. Been a few times. When I was young I dreamed of owning my own villa with a pool. Now, I couldn't be arsed with the maintenance yet alone the cost. Probably be happy with a 2 bed house just away from the crowds. Leave this country to the scum and villiany. Last one out, turn off the light.

Seems the ideal life to me, leaving boring old England and cooking 150 sunday dinners in a stuffy kitchen in 40 degrees heat, can’t go wrong, then leaving work to go and live in a tin box with no air conditioning for 52 weeks a year
Or stick around in England, rich get richer poor ger poorer. Crime through the roof, everyone has mental health or is on gear, the police and courts have lost control and the tories have ran the country into the ground.

Doing my normal bargain loving Brits Saturday marathon and I'm guessing these ones are a bit older.
Weirdly a bloke from Tyne and Wear is on, Terry Firman has a barbers down Concord and was opening another in Benidorm.
Fairly sure he is still down Concord so I'm not sure if this venture ended up as a flash in the pan and he returned home or summat ?

Glad series 10 is on now. Got that to watch. Ploughing through The Cruise: Fun loving Brits at sea first though. Watched 13 of the 20 episodes. Seeming to drag.

Doing my normal bargain loving Brits Saturday marathon and I'm guessing these ones are a bit older.
Weirdly a bloke from Tyne and Wear is on, Terry Firman has a barbers down Concord and was opening another in Benidorm.
Fairly sure he is still down Concord so I'm not sure if this venture ended up as a flash in the pan and he returned home or summat ?
Yeah, he didn't settle here at all. Good lad but made the mistake of opening a barbers on "campsite corner", where the very idea of paying €9 for a haircut is preposterous when the wife will do it with a ten quid trimmer for nowt.

Had he opened in town, it might have been a goer but people on the campsites want everything for nothing. They baulk at paying more than €1.50 for a pint ffs.

For the record, I detest Bargain Loving Brits and everything it pretends to stand for.
We want to retire hopefully within the decade. Quite fancy Puerto del Carmen, especially the marina. Been a few times. When I was young I dreamed of owning my own villa with a pool. Now, I couldn't be arsed with the maintenance yet alone the cost. Probably be happy with a 2 bed house just away from the crowds. Leave this country to the scum and villiany. Last one out, turn off the light.
Far more difficult since brexit. To even be considered suitable for residency here in Spain you have to prove that you have enough money in the bank to look after yourself for 3 years (at 26k a year for a single person) and apply for a non lucrative visa, meaning you aren't eligible to work for the duration of your visa and you have to take out private health care, insurance and the likes.

The amount of thick "ex pats" over here who voted for brexit and then realised they had to leave and return to the UK because they had effectively been living here illegally for years is incredible. :lol:

Last edited:
Yeah, he didn't settle here at all. Good lad but made the mistake of opening a barbers on "campsite corner", where the very idea of paying €9 for a haircut is preposterous when the wife will do it with a ten quid trimmer for nowt.

Had he opened in town, it might have been a goer but people on the campsites want everything for nothing. They baulk at paying more than €1.50 for a pint ffs.

For the record, I detest Bargain Loving Brits and everything it pretends to stand for.

Far more difficult since brexit. To even be considered suitable for residency here in Spain you have to prove that you have enough money in the bank to look after yourself for 3 years (at 26k a year for a single person) and apply for a non lucrative visa, meaning you aren't eligible to work for the duration of your visa and you have to take out private health care, insurance and the likes.

The amount of thick "ex pats" over here who voted for brexit and then realised they had to leave and return to the UK because they had effectively been living here illegally for years is incredible. :lol:

I always get the impression the place is littered with people who've went over with no real plan and are convinced they can live the dream by scratting about finding the odd bit bar work

They were illegal immigrants 😆

at 26k a year for a single person)
That figure is now over E28000 but, its not income every year you jus need that amount in the bank which for many will be nee probs as you can live off your income as long as you keep back the ridiculous amount of 28k it being 4 times the Spanish minimum wage. At the end of the 1st year you'll need 56k in your savings and this will cover you for 2 years . The same is reqd at the start of your next 2 year period. After that you'll probably be given a residents visa . You don't need private health cover if you're a British pensioner who qualifies for the British national health cover. You could just fly out here and ignore the rules I've never heard of anybody being caught, just don't apply for benefits.

They were illegal immigrants 😆
Of course. Thick as whale spunk, the lot of them. They'd been over here (and in other countries around Europe) for years and because of freedom of movement and The Schengen Agreement, governments turned a blind eye.

Then the daft twats voted leave, the rest of Europe spat out its dummy and reapplied a 90 day rule which, in reality, was always in place but wasn't implemented. :lol:

Back