Barclays closing Durham branch...

I have unicredit as my current account, local branch is a 'unicredit express' which doesn't handle cash at all - all withdrawals and deposits are done through the ATM

Banks are pushing people away from the High Street. Tried to open a savings account for my mam in Nat West, don't do them anymore. Telephone and app only. Given my mam hasn't a smart phone, and their call centre fucked up dealing with my dad's death, we just went elsewhere.

Then they'll say they're closing the branch as no one uses it. They don't want people using it.
Logon or register to see this image

"You will own nothing and you will be happy"

Klaus Swaub The great reset.

As a dad of a six year old and a two year old, I wondered the other day that when we all go cashless, WTF will parents do when the tooth fairy is due a visit?

can these banks not share buildings so they all still have a presence but cut costs to keep those all important shareholders happy? surely they can have them secure/separate enough these days so shit isnt mixed up.

Remember reading this the other day and was down at Stanhope today and it seems Barclays have opened a bank / help centre a few days a week in an office at the back of the tourist information place that's there so looks like they are trying that at some places.

Barclays community banking launches in Stanhope - Durham County Council - Article about it there.

Barclays in artleepowl closing in may
All the oldies will need to go to Stockton
How long before Sunderland closes
The tactics they are using is a form of attrition
Oldies will be encouraged move to another bank which then gets them off that banks books and they can concentrate on digital savvy customers
It must be a despondent world for people of a certain age

Oldies will be encouraged move to another bank which then gets them off that banks books and they can concentrate on digital savvy customers
:lol::lol: Artleepowl
They’re a disgrace Barclays like.

Been with Barclays since I started work in 1984.

Do the vast majority of my banking via the phone App or on-line. In saying that, I've used the Durham branch (I work in Durham) a few times last year to get out large sums of cash for various jobs we've had done or for holiday spends.

If they close the Sunderland branch I will move my business (for what it's worth) to some other provider who is maintaining a high street presence, or to one of the purely digital banks like Starling - with whom I already have an account that I mainly use for holidays.

Back