Barcelona not afraid

Status
Not open for further replies.

My candle shows how we're not afraid and the vigil brings all of us together to make sure we get perfect photos to post on social media to let all of our friends/subscribers know that we're against terrorism. People who have a problem with showing solidarity are racist, homophobe, xenophobics. #stronger_together #religion_of_peace #RIP_in_peace

Last edited:
People are refusing to go ahead with plans to travel to some places in Europe for fear of being caught up in some terrorist attack. People's lives are changing because of their actions. & that's people who've never even known someone caught up in any terror attacks.

Tell that to any of the thousands of people who's lives have been shattered by one of the many terrorist attacks in recent times.
People not doing stuff are wusses.
People die all the time. It's sad but it happens. They aren't winning imho.

These are happening more and more. You said these kind of reactions lessen the impact of the attack. It simply doesn't.

It simply does. Not even an argument to be made on that, not sure what point you are trying to make. The point of terrorism is to create fear.

terrorist attacks are aimed at creating fear.

People reacting and saying they are not afraid lessens the impact of the attacks and the effectiveness of such attacks for the future.

If they haven't achieved greater fear, why are our city streets and public areas beginning to look like the front line in a major war ?

Why has our way of life already changed and is continuing to change further, with extreme security measures throughout Europe that were unheard of a few decades ago ?

As long as apologists continue to influence policy, the bloodshed, sadness and torment are only going to increase

I'm sick of the likes of sky news saying isn't it great when people come together, life goes on. No, it's a f***ing disgrace that these attacks are happening. Nobody seems to want to address that issue though.
How would you address the issue? Mass deportations? Internment?

Aye thatll teach them.

Im sorry but Im just sick to death of, going about your life as normal, turning monuments the national colours of the latest tragedy etc.

Theyve already won, the tactics being used can happen at anytime and cant be stopped. Instead of meaningless gestures its time people stood up against their governments but they wont.

Fanny.

No. I'm asking you what we should do.

The point is, what should we have done before it was too late ?

All we can do now is spend endless millions on increased security in the forlorn hope of minimising further terror and bloodshed.

I'm sure that certain fannies on here would have claimed that we'd already lost WWII when the BBC started using Beethoven as their intro music.

I honestly couldn't tell you. Something needs to happen though. This is far to a regular occurrence .
Exactly. It's not any easy problem to solve.

The point is, what should we have done before it was too late ?

All we can do now is spend endless millions on increased security in the forlorn hope of minimising further terror and bloodshed.
We could start booting out a load of possible terrorists. Shutting dowe dodgy mosques. Basically take no shit.

That mIght get some backs up mind.

Last edited:
If they haven't achieved greater fear, why are our city streets and public areas beginning to look like the front line in a major war ?

Why has our way of life already changed and is continuing to change further, with extreme security measures throughout Europe that were unheard of a few decades ago ?

As long as apologists continue to influence policy, the bloodshed, sadness and torment are only going to increase

I was on about Barcelona reaction - not fear at all, back to normal straight away and a big two fingers to the terrorists.

I was on about Barcelona reaction - not fear at all, back to normal straight away and a big two fingers to the terrorists.
There is no other option but to carry on 'as normal'. When acts like this become a norm, people begin to desensitise to them unfortunately. It doesn't mean that people are being strong or putting two fingers up at all. It means that people have succumbed to the realisation that these attacks will reprat again and again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back