Bands you don’t hear of much that are still out there.

One of the headline acts on the cruise we were on over New Year was Brian Connolly's son Brian Connolly Jr singing a medley of Sweet songs 🤔

We didn't really fancy being screamed at by a wannabe glam rocker so declined the gigs.
One of the best intros ever is the shuffle beat of ballroom blitz. But I think your call to miss the show was probably correct😀

You don’t hear of The Human League but they still play sell out gigs everywhere.
Seen them couple year ago, done Dare tour superb live
The Stranglers will keep going for as long as JJ is able to - but even at 72 he’s like a machine
The sets at the weekend contained stuff they’ve never played in years, if ever , so it’s not like they’re churning out the same set year after year
Edinburgh and Glasgow were up there with the best of the gigs I’ve seen them play in 47 years
Seen the stranglers supporting Alice Cooper a few year ago at Leeds.
They were great.. Baz great front man

Last edited:
They`ve done a lot of good stuff but understand why people may think they are a bit over polished. saw them at the City hall and Lukather was jaw-droppingly good - I could see why everyone wanted him on their records.
They did the soundtrack to Dune (1980s version) which I remember being pretty good at the time. Very different from the only other song of theirs that I knew at the time.
i know they're not everybody's cup of tea but new model army have been going since 1980 and still making great music and selling out concerts.
Love NMA. Never quite made it “big” but always been there. Couple of longer than I would like gaps between albums but always good value.

Last edited:
They did the soundtrack to Dune (1980s version) which I remember being pretty good at the time. Very different from the only other song of theirs that I knew at the time.

Love NMA. Never quite made it “big” but always been there. Couple of longer than I would like gaps between albums but always good value.
On topic - I've never heard much of the Drifters in recent years ;)

Back