Bands who sound like other bands

Really? Not for me, mind. They dressed quite similarly but sounded absolutely nothing alike.

I mean, both were rock and roll nostalgists but showaddywaddy were just a complete lift, where mud was a far more glam sound with a backward nod.
Agreed.

Neither band wrote their own material, but Mud had stuff written for them whereas Showaddywaddy just did cover versions of old rock & roll tracks

Agreed.

Neither band wrote their own material, but Mud had stuff written for them whereas Showaddywaddy just did cover versions of old rock & roll tracks
Whilst I agree, oddly, Showaddywaddy did write their first hit (Hey, Rock and Roll), which I believe was their second best seller, after Under The Moon Of Love.

So if they were capable, I dunno why they didn't do more of it. 🤷

Puss N Boots by New York Dolls and Liar by Sex Pistols! Only recently discovered this

And Lydon sings a lot like Alice Cooper

Black Crowes sound a lot like The Faces

Early Duran Duran is very Roxy Music

Kimberley by Patti Smith and Hand That Rocks The Cradle by The Smiths

Brotherhood of Man were a gross copy of ABBA

Nickelback are a brainless version of Nirvana

The Mission a dumb version of the Sisters of Mercy
Definitely but you can see that were very heavily influenced by Roxy

Whilst I agree, oddly, Showaddywaddy did write their first hit (Hey, Rock and Roll), which I believe was their second best seller, after Under The Moon Of Love.

So if they were capable, I dunno why they didn't do more of it. 🤷
I didn't know that.

Had a lot of time for UB40 when they wrote their own stuff. Couldn't stand the shit they put out post Red Red Wine. No need for them to become a covers band.

Puss N Boots by New York Dolls and Liar by Sex Pistols! Only recently discovered this

And Lydon sings a lot like Alice Cooper

Black Crowes sound a lot like The Faces

Early Duran Duran is very Roxy Music

Kimberley by Patti Smith and Hand That Rocks The Cradle by The Smiths

Brotherhood of Man were a gross copy of ABBA

Nickelback are a brainless version of Nirvana

The Mission a dumb version of the Sisters of Mercy
Wasn't Wayne Hussey sacked from the Sisters?

Back