Ban dogs from pubs or anywhere that serves food indoors.

This needs to happen Asap imo .

For example, nobody wants to be in close proximity to Barbara's little stinking ugly Shihtzu, especially while they're eating , they stink , can be a nuisance (bark etc, )in one instance I've witnessed with my own eyes someones dog pissed up a stool in a pub closer to where people were eating once , it's wrong imho. Disrespectful.

Don't understand it at all , why anyone would want to bring their dog to the pub in the first place, it's not as if they can have a pint and have a bit craic, just leave them at home and have some courtesy for others, especially in a pub that sells food.

Rather ban them from pubs etc , than ban them from the beaches ,makes more sense tbh.

I understand peoples love for dogs but there's a time and a place.

Last edited:

Was a big thread on it a few weeks ago.

Pubs in rural, especially popular walker, areas will pretty much go to the wall.
Well I missed it mate. But nobody wants to be a few yards away from an ugly drooling bulldog when your face deep in a lasagne for example

I don't mind dogs in pubs even if they're serving food. Dogs are usually better behaved then some kids and adults you get in them
You may well be right , but it's the hygiene part of it for me , minging sweaty damp dog smell etc
Go and fill your face with microwaved lasagne in a pub that doesn't allow dogs in then. It's not f***ing hard marra
Was an example ,chill ou

Last edited:
Well I missed it mate. But nobody wants to be a few yards away from an ugly drooling bulldog when your face deep in a lasagne for example
I don't mind being in a pub with dogs in, so your "nobody" is not correct. I suspect I'm not alone.

Take this scenario. A couple go out for for a walk around the hills and like any good long walk it finishes in a country pub for a pint and some tea before heading off home. It is a very common thing. But they have a dog with them (like most walkers seem to), the pub has a "no dogs" sign on so they move on to somewhere else. Pub goes bust because they have just lost a massive amount of their customer based and now nobody gets to go there.

I don't mind being in a pub with dogs in, so your "nobody" is not correct. I suspect I'm not alone.

Take this scenario. A couple go out for for a walk around the hills and like any good long walk it finishes in a country pub for a pint and some tea before heading off home. It is a very common thing. But they have a dog with them (like most walkers seem to), the pub has a "no dogs" sign on so they move on to somewhere else. Pub goes bust because they have just lost a massive amount of their customer based and now nobody gets to go there.
I agree. We don’t have a dog but if it helps keep the pubs open then let them in. Our local bar must have 50% dog owners in some nights.

Was an example ,chill ou
I know mate, but as a responsible dog owner, there are plenty of places that don't let dogs in mate.

It's an age old thing. Bloke takes dog for a walk, bloke goes in the pub for a couple of pints.

At home, we always eat at the table. Dog lies under the table and has a nap. Never gets titbits from the table, and was tought not to beg when he was a puppy. If we eat in the pub, he does the same thing.

Don't punish responsible owners, because some idiots don't train their dogs.

And there really are plenty of pubs that don't allow dogs in, or at least not in the dining part.

Agree dogs should not be in restaurants mind.

I agree. We don’t have a dog but if it helps keep the pubs open then let them in. Our local bar must have 50% dog owners in some nights.
Bet that boozer fuckin hums
I know mate, but as a responsible dog owner, there are plenty of places that don't let dogs in mate.

It's an age old thing. Bloke takes dog for a walk, bloke goes in the pub for a couple of pints.

At home, we always eat at the table. Dog lies under the table and has a nap. Never gets titbits from the table, and was tought not to beg when he was a puppy. If we eat in the pub, he does the same thing.

Don't punish responsible owners, because some idiots don't train their dogs.

And there really are plenty of pubs that don't allow dogs in, or at least not in the dining part.

Agree dogs should not be in restaurants mind.
Fair post .

Last edited:

Back