bairns say embarrasing things

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Safcpeterlee81

out in york a couple of months back walking round and the 5 year old spouts out really loud why has that man got a painted face, as a black fella walked past.....im glad he turned and smiled

Reactions: PTR

How, at 5 years old, has your child not seen a black person before? Surely by that age they know about different cultures?

I'm self conscious and was a bit nervous of wearing a bikini on holiday. One day by the pool, the bairn looked around and then said thoughtfully "I don't know what you were worrying about Mam. There's loads of ladies here that are fatter than you" :oops::oops::oops:

I'm self conscious and was a bit nervous of wearing a bikini on holiday. One day by the pool, the bairn looked around and then said thoughtfully "I don't know what you were worrying about Mam. There's loads of ladies here that are fatter than you" :oops::oops::oops:
You mean your avatar isn't you? I could cry :( :p

hahahahahaha bet that made you feel great

My niece (4yo) a good few decades ago at a family get together: "Auntie Linda, me mam says you're a fat lazy cow"

Similar thing with the sister in law, she lives down Bristol and the bairn said that the Mrs said that she was the wicked witch of the South.
She asked a lass if she was a man or a woman.
On a woman saying, 'Isn't your mummy beautiful'.? She replied that she wasn't without make up.

'Grandma who's is that bike in the shed'..?
'It's mine pet'.
'You're too fat to ride a bike'.

A few years back me and the son were talking about witches and stuff. Mrs K gets in from work that evening and the first thing he asks her was if she had a broomstick. Even now Mrs K thinks I put him up to it.

Our lasses sister was over from Northern Ireland with her kids a couple of year ago. It's not like they live out in the sticks but they're not from the most multicultural of areas. The youngest, about 4 at the time, went to the shop with his mam where a couple of women in burkas were doing a bit of shopping. He'd seen nowt like it, turned to his mam and said "Mummy, are they monsters?".

I was in town a couple of weeks ago with the kids. We were having a bit of lunch and these two blokes sat at the table next to us. I could hear the two lads whispering to each other. I told them that it's rude to whisper. One of them said 'Ok Dad' and turned to the two blokes and said 'Excuse me guys are you twos gay?'

How, at 5 years old, has your child not seen a black person before? Surely by that age they know about different cultures?

The North East is one of the whitest places in the country. I remember asking my mother when I was a similar age why some people have black skin.

There'll be kids in the North East who have never met a non-white person in their day-to-day lives, e.g. neighbourhood friends, other kids at school, teachers. If they've ever been to the doctors they will have of course but other than that.

The North East is one of the whitest places in the country. I remember asking my mother when I was a similar age why some people have black skin.

There'll be kids in the North East who have never met a non-white person in their day-to-day lives, e.g. neighbourhood friends, other kids at school, teachers. If they've ever been to the doctors they will have of course but other than that.
I get that, but surely nowadays there's a big enough cultural variance on kids TV that the question may have popped up? Do they not watch Dave Benson Phillips these days!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back