Bad smash up in High Barnes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ambulance flying through on a call, and driver not taking heed scenario it would appear.
If the ambulance was coming down towards the hospital then it would have been on the opposite side of the road, going through the red and by the looks of it, the mini would have been turning right, off Kayll road, coming from the pallion side of the junction

Junction of Ormond Street and Kayll Road. Looks like a grey mini-thing and an ambulance involved.

Logon or register to see this image
Not high Barnes this mind

Junction of Chester road and Kayll road. Use it a hell of a lot

Last edited by a moderator:
According to someone who said they seen it she's pulled out in front of an ambo with the blues and two's on.
That’s how I think looking at the pics

I’m driving that way tomorrow. Might do a divert, turn left at The Broadway roundabout

Last edited by a moderator:
lights flashing on a bright day are not that visible and remember the ambulance has almost certainly ran the red light,
Not if the Mini was coming down Chester Road turning right onto Ormonde Street and the ambulance was heading straight over the junction up Chester Road. Both could've easily had a green light.

Surprised there's not more accidents here mind what with these knob heads in the right hand lane at the light s at the Ormonde street side trying to jump the queue and go straight on to Kayall road. Doesn't seem that's the case here....just passed through there at 12.15. Hope everyone's safe

Wonder what's happened, looks like they've cut the roof off?

Not a particularly bad junction, the only problem I've seen with it is people driving onto the wrong side of the road on Ormonde Street to jump the queue of traffic and get into the right hand lane at the lights.

Looks a bit far up the road for that to have happened here though. Hope everyone comes out of that one OK.

Edit, just seen this: Road closed after car and ambulance involved in accident at A183 junction near Sunderland Royal Hospital
Travelling in the same direction I’ve seen people recently swerve from the left hand lane to the right hand lane, when the lights are changing, because the person in front is preparing to stop and they can’t be arsed to wait any longer. That’s not what’s happened here but I’ve seen it a couple of time recently and thought how stupid it is.

Wifey hasn't given way on the crossroads, turning right, off Chester Road, the Mini-driving liability.

Last edited:
Travelling in the same direction I’ve seen people recently swerve from the left hand lane to the right hand lane, when the lights are changing, because the person in front is preparing to stop and they can’t be arsed to wait any longer. That’s not what’s happened here but I’ve seen it a couple of time recently and thought how stupid it is.
Yeah, that does sound bad. Completely unrelated but a bit further down that road at the junction coming onto Barnes Park Road there are two lanes at the lights, but only one lane leading up to them and one lane after them. Just a weird odd lane for no reason. I was at the lights, they turned green and as I pulled away some prick comes flying past in the right 'lane' doing about 40. Just missed my wing mirror and swerved back to the left avoid the kerb in front. All so he didn't have to wait four or five cars back at the lights. There's some reet arseholes about.

Yeah, that does sound bad. Completely unrelated but a bit further down that road at the junction coming onto Barnes Park Road there are two lanes at the lights, but only one lane leading up to them and one lane after them. Just a weird odd lane for no reason. I was at the lights, they turned green and as I pulled away some prick comes flying past in the right 'lane' doing about 40. Just missed my wing mirror and swerved back to the left avoid the kerb in front. All so he didn't have to wait four or five cars back at the lights. There's some reet arseholes about.
Must've been what the road designers were going for, mate, I think, at a less brisk and mirror-risking pace, like; trouble is there isn't enough space before the little bit of island from the other side rendering it useless.

And there are folks on here who advocate merge in turn. From my twenty plus years driving experience, it only generates arseholes and frustration.

Must've been what the road designers were going for, mate, I think, at a less brisk and mirror-risking pace, like; trouble is there isn't enough space before the little bit of island from the other side rendering it useless.
Yeah completely, maybe 'for no reason' was the wrong choice of words. Useless is more fitting. The road is wide enough for two lanes, but there's just not enough road leading up to or from the lights for both lanes to be used safely. That near miss was the one and only time I've ever seen anyone use it.

Last edited:
Yeah completely, maybe 'for no reason' was the wrong choice of words. Useless is more fitting. The road is wide enough for two lanes, but there's just not enough road leading up to or from the lights for both lanes to be used safely. That near miss was the one and only time I've ever seen anyone use it.
I’ve seen once or twice over the years people pull up in the right hand lane when the lights are on red. The best thing to do would be just let them go ahead, although a lot of people would see it as a call to race. Like you say though, it rarely ever gets used.

Yeah completely, maybe 'for no reason' was the wrong choice of words. The road is wide enough for two lanes, but there's just not enough road leading up to or from the lights for both lanes to be used safely. That near miss was the one and only time I've ever seen anyone use it.
Aye. Filter lanes usually you at least get a suitable length of road to amble back over - with this one it's two and a half metres before some unsuspecting lad's car gets cut-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back