Bad News

I worked with a mega religious lad that was a fannies hair off getting in the Olympics athletics team, he was beyond fit man. He never drank, smoked or put any sort of poison in his body due to his beliefs yet the poor bugger didn't even get to 30. The big c got him.

I know 80 year old tab smoking piss pots that have spent longer in the club, than that poor fucker got on this planet.

It's a lottery man.

It’s not and it baffles me why people use these exception cases to support their position.

Alcohol is metabolised into something which is carcinogenic.

And I say this as someone who drinks a lot and smokes a little, but does so accepting the risks.

If alcohol had just been discovered today, it would never become legal and would be classed as a schedule 2 controlled drug, possibly schedule 1.

.......Luckily for us it was first made popular by the ancient Greeks :lol:

If alcohol had just been discovered today, it would never become legal and would be classed as a schedule 2 controlled drug, possibly schedule 1.

.......Luckily for us it was first made popular by the ancient Greeks :lol:
Bollocks!
It’s here to control the population.

It’s not and it baffles me why people use these exception cases to support their position.

Alcohol is metabolised into something which is carcinogenic.

And I say this as someone who drinks a lot and smokes a little, but does so accepting the risks.

The sun is carcinogenic squire, I lost a good mate because he loved getting brown in his youth, must have done 12-15 hols tops before the reaper got him with skin cancer.

I see old leathery cockney women that look worse than the martens I binned after 20 years of gigs every time I go to Spain and they're still cackling away fit as lops.

From what I've observed over the last 4 decades your name's on a card and that's that.

I worked with a mega religious lad that was a fannies hair off getting in the Olympics athletics team, he was beyond fit man. He never drank, smoked or put any sort of poison in his body due to his beliefs yet the poor bugger didn't even get to 30. The big c got him.

I know 80 year old tab smoking piss pots that have spent longer in the club, than that poor fucker got on this planet.

It's a lottery man.
My dad smoked 60 a day and drank until his face was purple. He died of lung cancer at 58.

Like the lotto you can increase your odds by investing in it.

No alcohol safe to drink, global study confirms No alcohol safe to drink, study confirms

Oh dear, this will upset a few, but I did like the closing paragraphs.
Study will be shit.
Out of the 100000 non drinkers , did the non drinkers do as much excercise, have as good a diet? Where all other factors the same (ie job stress / kids and Mental lasses)
Generally folk I know who don’t drink are health driven , so other factors would contribute. Not just lack of alcohol.
Pointless study.

The sun is carcinogenic squire, I lost a good mate because he loved getting brown in his youth, must have done 12-15 hols tops before the reaper got him with skin cancer.

I see old leathery cockney women that look worse than the martens I binned after 20 years of gigs every time I go to Spain and they're still cackling away fit as lops.

From what I've observed over the last 4 decades your name's on a card and that's that.

Yeah but we all have to go out in the sun. We don’t have to drink.

If my hangover isn't satisfactory enough. I know I didn't drink enough.

So I make bloody sure I get it right the next time. Which is usually within 47 hours!

It is a poison at the end of the day.

I was out last night drinking and I'm feeling it today. Starting to think I need to
a) knock it on the head
b) really cut back.

My problem is when I'm out and enjoying it, I'll keep knocking them back. I have shite self control :lol:
Same as most people think morning after a session. A pint of water before bed realy does make a difference next day.

It's a lottery man.

Pretty much this. Even this article says 914 out of 100,000 non drinkers would get an alcohol related disease. The highest figure they give was for people having 5 drinks a day, and they said the number getting an alcohol related disease goes up to 1252 per 100,000. So it's gone up from 0.914% chance to 1.252%. Hardly a massive increase to be honest, not even sure I'd call it statistically significant. So basically even if I knock back 35 pints a week I'm only about 0.3% more likely to get an "alcohol related" disease than if I didn't drink at all? Well considering I enjoy alcohol that seems like an incredibly tiny increase. As you say it's virtually a lottery

This.

We're all going to be living until we're 120, bored out of our minds. Have a few pints and enjoy yourself.
The thing about living a mega healthy life is you only get the benefits when you’re f***ing ancient. The years you knock off your life enjoying yourself would only be spent moaning about bad hips and leg ulcers before the inevitable dive into senility.

Fuck that,

Back