Bad News

Status
Not open for further replies.

It is a poison at the end of the day.

I was out last night drinking and I'm feeling it today. Starting to think I need to
a) knock it on the head
b) really cut back.

My problem is when I'm out and enjoying it, I'll keep knocking them back. I have shite self control :lol:

...bad news, came to me where I sleep.
Turn turn turn again.
Saying one of your friends is in trouble deep,
Turn turn to the rain and the wind.

It is a poison at the end of the day.

I was out last night drinking and I'm feeling it today. Starting to think I need to
a) knock it on the head
b) really cut back.

My problem is when I'm out and enjoying it, I'll keep knocking them back. I have shite self control :lol:
Plus alcohol convinces people that more alcohol is just fine.... when you wake up in the morning you'l be just fine... sleeping in random places other than your own bed is just fine....

No alcohol safe to drink, global study confirms No alcohol safe to drink, study confirms

Oh dear, this will upset a few, but I did like the closing paragraphs.
I worked with a mega religious lad that was a fannies hair off getting in the Olympics athletics team, he was beyond fit man. He never drank, smoked or put any sort of poison in his body due to his beliefs yet the poor bugger didn't even get to 30. The big c got him.

I know 80 year old tab smoking piss pots that have spent longer in the club, than that poor fucker got on this planet.

It's a lottery man.

One of my sisters was an alcoholic and died age 28, my other sister (her twin) was fit as as fiddle apart from having asthma which she had had most of her life. Heartbreakingly she died age 32 after her first huge asthma attack. After going though all this I live my life the way I want to, I can't be arsed with eat this, do that....something will see me off but I want to enjoy the time I am here.

One of my sisters was an alcoholic and died age 28, my other sister (her twin) was fit as as fiddle apart from having asthma which she had had most of her life. Heartbreakingly she died age 32 after her first huge asthma attack. After going though all this I live my life the way I want to, I can't be arsed with eat this, do that....something will see me off but I want to enjoy the time I am here.
sorry for your loss mate.

Reactions: ATS
I worked with a mega religious lad that was a fannies hair off getting in the Olympics athletics team, he was beyond fit man. He never drank, smoked or put any sort of poison in his body due to his beliefs yet the poor bugger didn't even get to 30. The big c got him.

I know 80 year old tab smoking piss pots that have spent longer in the club, than that poor fucker got on this planet.

It's a lottery man.

In some ways it is, but if you live a healthy life you have a hundred tickets for the jackpot and if you live an unhealthy life you only have five tickets.

It depends how you look at the stats. Yes, drinking can leave you with a greater chance of getting some illnesses. However, there is also plenty of research out there that supposedly shows that moderate drinkers live longer than teetotallers.

All this stuff about the Mediterranean diet, in my experience they use a lot of olive oil and have some red wine with the food to help digestion. Sounds fair enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back