Bacon sarnie - a special secret ‘life hack’

Hue Jorgan

Striker
Hate that term life hack, but I used it anyway so suck it up haters…

I love a bacon sarnie on a morning but jeez the price is ridiculous around £3 for 300gms, a few weeks back I discovered ‘cooking bacon’ it is usually on the bottom shelf of the bacon and you get 1kg for £2 that’s crazy

the bacon is often thick cut chunks and it’s not a ‘pretty’ shape or uniform but it tastes the same

after extensive research Lidl and Aldi seem to do the best ‘cooking bacon’ 🥓

thank me later

It will be Dutch or Danish.. I only buy British pork

Far less water and salt added generally
I specifically look for bacon with no water added. Can’t be having that white crap in the frying pan . Taste buds are getting weaker with age so we buy smoked bacon these days. Actually frying pan is obsolete , we use air fryer .

My daughter (no) has just gone to uni and while shopping for groceries I mentioned the importance of "eye line is buy line".
She looked quite confused (or it might have been distain), so I explained that the expensive stuff is always in front of your nose, but the cheaper stuff will be higher or lower on the shelves.

As an example, we looked at pasta sauce. As you walk up, Lloyd Grossman has the prime place at £3 a jar.
Underneath was all of the Dolmio range for about £2.75.
Looking down to your feet you see value ranges where a jar is about 85p.
Naturally I let her buy what she wanted as Dad was paying, but when she's on a student budget it always worth remembering not to buy whats in front of your nose and look around.

Hate that term life hack, but I used it anyway so suck it up haters…

I love a bacon sarnie on a morning but jeez the price is ridiculous around £3 for 300gms, a few weeks back I discovered ‘cooking bacon’ it is usually on the bottom shelf of the bacon and you get 1kg for £2 that’s crazy

the bacon is often thick cut chunks and it’s not a ‘pretty’ shape or uniform but it tastes the same

after extensive research Lidl and Aldi seem to do the best ‘cooking bacon’ 🥓

thank me later
Suck it up haters is worse than life hack.

I’m becoming vegan cos if this thread.

I specifically look for bacon with no water added. Can’t be having that white crap in the frying pan . Taste buds are getting weaker with age so we buy smoked bacon these days. Actually frying pan is obsolete , we use air fryer .
thats what i've done. sick of all the water and shit coming out of it so i get dry cure now.

Back