Back problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

A lot of back issues arent actually the back its the hamstrings, try stretching those on a daily basis to see if that helps.

Have you checked your back for handles?

whats this mean?

A lot of back issues arent actually the back its the hamstrings, try stretching those on a daily basis to see if that helps.

Aye always had trouble with muscles in me arse like going down to hamstrings

I was born a bit out of alignment if I remember correctly, so always had more aches than most, gonna have to get meself proper checked out

Pretty sure most people my age aren't feeling like this

Last edited:
whats this mean?

Aye always had trouble with muscles in me arse like going down to hamstrings

I was born a bit out of alignment if I remember correctly, so always had more aches than most, gonna have to get meself proper checked out

Pretty sure most people my age aren't feeling like this
You live in stab city and feel like you've been stabbed in the back, hence have you checked for handles.

When I wake up in morning in absolute agony, like upper spine, through to chest, takes me 15-20 mins to get out, then it sort of goes away

I am assuming its either the way I sleep, or my mattress, but I have had this mattress year or so and its really nice and my lass think its class too, don't see why I would suddenly be hurting from it. Am Only 30 like, feel like an old man

Anyone go to chiropractor which much success?

My GP is f***ing useless.
No,expensive ,painful waste of time

I've got a job which involves lifting very heavy unstable loads, often up flights of stairs and have had various musculoskeletal issues over the last 20 years. Firstly, you're right....your GP is a quack and secondly don't waste time going via the NHS physio route. Find a good chiropractor (I use Steffan Able at Chester le St who I can recommend). Imo most of the pain we get is down to moving and sitting incorrectly for years, being overweight, eating inflammatory foods and not moving enough. Try an anti inflammatory diet (Whole 30 did it for me) to see what triggers your inflammation. Finally I can heartily recommend a book by Kelly Starret called "Becoming a Supple Leopard" Its about £40 and the thick end of 500 pages but still became a NY Times Best seller.

I followed all of the above and pain I'd accepted as part of getting old (arthritis) all but disappeared, morning stiffness went, I'm more mobile and can continue to do what I love, running miles and miles through the woods pain free.

Sleep on your side with a pillow between your knees / lower legs. Trust me I've had 25 years of back issues culminating in surgery a few years back. It feels almost like you're slipping your body into neutral for the night. Its made a huge difference. Downside is ìt makes me piss a lot. :p

Good point.....worked for me too.

Last edited:
I've got a job which involves lifting very heavy unstable loads, often up flights of stairs and have had various musculoskeletal issues over the last 20 years. Firstly, you're right....your GP is a quack and secondly don't waste time going via the NHS physio route. Find a good chiropractor (I use Steffan Able at Chester le St who I can recommend). Imo most of the pain we get is down to moving and sitting incorrectly for years, being overweight, eating inflammatory foods and not moving enough. Try an anti inflammatory diet (Whole 30 did it for me) to see what triggers your inflammation. Finally I can heartily recommend a book by Kelly Starret called "Becoming a Supple Leopard" Its about £40 and the thick end of 500 pages but still became a NY Times Best seller.

I followed all of the above and pain I'd accepted as part of getting old (arthritis) all but disappeared, morning stiffness went, I'm more mobile and can continue to do what I love, running miles and miles through the woods pain free.

Good point.....worked for me too.

I need to look into the inflammatory thing, I never though of that, I have colitis, which is inflammatory condition, so maybe its related to that

will look at others, thanks

I am thinking it might be this

IBD-associated arthritis of the spine begins with subtle low back pain, especially in younger persons, and morning stiffness. It gets worse with prolonged sitting or standing, and improves with moderate activity. It is more common in CD than in UC and is independent of gastrointestinal symptoms.

It says can impact shoulder joints too, which it has.

Definitely a possibility by the sound of it. If you go to the quack have as much info as possible otherwise he'll probably just give you painkillers.

When I wake up in morning in absolute agony, like upper spine, through to chest, takes me 15-20 mins to get out, then it sort of goes away

I am assuming its either the way I sleep, or my mattress, but I have had this mattress year or so and its really nice and my lass think its class too, don't see why I would suddenly be hurting from it. Am Only 30 like, feel like an old man

Anyone go to chiropractor which much success?

My GP is f***ing useless.
Just to be sure, do you get pain like it if you exercise, walk for a long time or walk briskly up a hill? From what you have said it sounds muscular and related to being still for a while so you are probably ok. Heart and arterial problems can manifest themselves like muscle pain in the chest, upper back and shoulders, but usually only when you do something to increase your heart rate. If that happens then that is worth a doctors trip, especially if you are overweight or rarely exercise.

This! Strange bloke but he's brilliant saw him recently after I fractured my spine and had ongoing pain. 01434 632066
I needed an OP but at least he says if after 2 visits he can't fix you he wont fleece you 20 times like a chiropractor.
Can't recommend him highly enough like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back