Baby gender party

Some right miserable gits on here. Not everything new is evil you know. :lol:

We did a gender reveal meal at the scullery in Silksworth with a few close relatives (those with an interest), live streamed to my family in Texas. No attention seeking or gifts/ money changing hand, just a meal and a couple of drinks with the baby's grandparents and other close relatives.

No-one was harmed surprisingly. :eek:

Some right miserable gits on here. Not everything new is evil you know. :lol:

We did a gender reveal meal at the scullery in Silksworth with a few close relatives (those with an interest), live streamed to my family in Texas. No attention seeking or gifts/ money changing hand, just a meal and a couple of drinks with the baby's grandparents and other close relatives.

No-one was harmed surprisingly. :eek:
Glad you enjoyed it but I honestly can't get my head round why you would do something like this. Like you say nobody was harmed and each to their own but if any of my mates invited me to such a thing, i'd tell them to stick it

Glad you enjoyed it but I honestly can't get my head round why you would do something like this. Like you say nobody was harmed and each to their own but if any of my mates invited me to such a thing, i'd tell them to stick it
Because it was an excuse to get mine and our lasses families together, those who we may end up leaning on for help and support. Plus we'd already made a choice to find out the sex of the baby at the first opportunity so we can be as prepared as possible.

Its important to realise that there are always going to be a limited amount of people that give a shit about your baby. That's also fine, though some seem to find that offensive.

Mind, I turned down an invite from a couple I know who invited 150 people!

I don't get dressed up for Halloween, wear a daft Guinness hat on Paddies Day and wouldn't turn up for a gender reveal party. However, anyone who wants to do such things, let them get on with it. Would I take the piss out of a mate who didn't put his foot down about such unborn baby related shenanigans? Yes.

I can guarantee they won't be smoking cigars and getting hammered when the baby is born , upholding the fine tradition of wetting the baby's head. Too busy changing his/her nappy.

What colour petals for gender neutral?

It's a minefield, this...

If only it had been

I don't get dressed up for Halloween, wear a daft Guinness hat on Paddies Day and wouldn't turn up for a gender reveal party. However, anyone who wants to do such things, let them get on with it. Would I take the piss out of a mate who didn't put his foot down about such unborn baby related shenanigans? Yes.

I can guarantee they won't be smoking cigars and getting hammered when the baby is born , upholding the fine tradition of wetting the baby's head. Too busy changing his/her nappy.

Woah woah woah, I agree with you but i won’t have nowt bad said about Halloween, apart from the Americanisation of it these days, but overall it’s a quality festivity.

Last edited:
It’s such a shame when these people start celebrating the gender of their child like they’ve won something.

Like they value one over the other so much more.

It’s quite sad really. Be grateful they’re healthy, you twats. Some people aren’t as lucky.

You make a very good point.
When I first read the post I had such a strongly negative reaction to the concept and you have helped me clarify my response.
My twin sister was born with severe diabilities, my closest friends first child was stillborn et al...
The cause for celebration should be if the child is born alive and healthy and the mother is ok.
To do otherwise imho is to pre-empt and trivialise the awesome miracle that the a healthy new born is.

Back