Ba or Roberts

Ba deserves his place at the moment, but he needs to show some level of consistency. He also shouldn't have been dropped a couple of games ago.

Let's also see how it goes when we aren't playing a team like Stoke who are so open to the counter. We've traditionally done much better over the last year and a bit when sides have come out and allowed us space and I don't believe we've suddenly turned that corner and it's those games where sides sit in where Roberts gets us into dangerous areas with interplay in the final third.

Last edited:
Same as last time this was mentioned for me. Ba, if his form drops, Roberts goes back in.

I also think there's scope to try Ba more centrally similar to where Diallo played.
I would play the one who knows how to play football! Is this a wind up? It's a wind up I'm not going to bite
Yeah but Roberts has his plus points too, hence the debate.

Wow! You people are being serious! What's all this talk of if ba's form drops? Has he ever had any form? He's tapped one in today and now he's a footballer? Haway lads shake your fuckin heads man

He's had a few stinkers this season but a few good games too, very inconsistent but there's quality there. 2 assists today too!

Him and Roberts are two very good options at this level imo

Wow! You people are being serious! What's all this talk of if ba's form drops? Has he ever had any form? He's tapped one in today and now he's a footballer? Haway lads shake your fuckin heads man

Half the time he cannot even trap a ball, nevermind pass it.

One and a half good games in the past several months and because he scored a goal now its like the rest of time never happened.

It's like earlier in the season when he came in and scored a couple and had a couple of decent games. People blamed his inconsistency on Roberts coming back in, conveniently forgetting Ba's form dropped off before that actually happened.
It's a debate and that's my opinion if you think someone who gets goals and assists had no end product you must hate Roberts

I use my eyes and see that generally he's not very good. If he had any level of consistency or a better ratio of good games to bad it wouldn't even be an argument.

He's got some good physical attributes, which gets him into good positions, but he's missed some absolutely horrific chances this season too, he barely gets assists either.

Thing is I don't base all my opinions on goals and assists, I see what players offer to the team. Generally it's not much.

Last edited:

One and a half good games in the past several months and because he scored a goal now its like the rest of time never happened.

It's like earlier in the season when he came in and scored a couple and had a couple of decent games. People blamed his inconsistency on Roberts coming back in, conveniently forgetting Ba's form dropped off before that actually happened.

I use my eyes and see that generally he's not very good. If he had any level of consistency or a better ratio of good games to bad it wouldn't even be an argument.

He's got some good physical attributes, which gets him into good positions, but he's missed some absolutely horrific chances this season too, he barely gets assists either.

Thing is I don't base all my opinions on goals and assists, I see what players offer to the team. Generally it's not much.
Tell you what like you're not wrong about the misses he's had 😳

I use my eyes and see that generally he's not very good. If he had any level of consistency or a better ratio if good games to bad it wouldn't even be an argument.

He's got some good physical attributes but he's missed some absolutely horrific chances this season too, he barely gets assists either.

He does pretty well for someone who doesn't get a run of games, I get what you're saying but when you don't have a striker contributing much and whoever else is playing attacking midfield you are going to struggle, for what it's worth I can admit he's a good footballer but he needs to do more he was good last season.

He does pretty well for someone who doesn't get a run of games, I get what you're saying but when you don't have a striker contributing much and whoever else is playing attacking midfield you are going to struggle, for what it's worth I can admit he's a good footballer but he needs to do more he was good last season.

He's had some runs of game though.

The problem is when he's good he's good, it's generally quite limited time wise, but when he's bad he's shocking hence why only 4 or 5 games ago people wanted him nowhere near the team.

If he can get any level of consistency going it wouldn't be an argument. Even if he could just do the basics when not contributing in an attacking sense he'd get more games.

He's had some runs of game though.

The problem is when he's good he's good, it's generally quite limited time wise, but when he's bad he's shocking hence why only 4 or 5 games ago people wanted him nowhere near the team.

If he can get any level of consistency going it wouldn't be an argument. Even if he could just do the basics when not contributing in an attacking sense he'd get more games.
Genuine question how many good games has Roberts had this season

Back