BA long haul flights...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I rarely recline my seat on long haul but coming back from the states a few weeks ago on an overnight flight I thought nowt off it.
I almost came to blows with the bellend behind me who, instead of just saying excuse me mate" decided to start kicking and punching the back of my seat. His arse went when I got up mind.

I've got a nine and a half hour flight Heathrow to Miami (cattle class) on Monday, ot looking forward to that fcker
Oooo aren’t you hard.

Funny how you stumble onto a bit of luck. My next flight I'm booked on 29D both ways. I just picked that seat because I prefer the back of the plane to the front..

Put up with BA and American traveling to LAX from London and back for years, poor seating and terrible flight attendants who I believe hated everyone on board.
Then I discovered Air New Zealand, a breath of fresh air

Hurt me back over in that New York so I paid a bit extra to sit in them seats in pairs at the back of the plane with our lass for the BA flight home. My reasoning was that I wouldn't feel hemmed in and could get up easy if I got uncomfortable and needed a bit stroll around.

As soon as we sat down I knew I'd made a mistake like. The little TV screen was one of the old ones and my seat was shifted slightly to the right of the one in front so the viewing angle was a little bit off. First world problems and all that, but them screens are cheap and designed to be looked at straight on. Meant I ended up sitting funny anyway to see the fucker.

Then the lass in front reclined her seat right back. I've got canny long legs and with her seat being a bit out of alignment with mine it meant she was leaning back onto my leg, so I had to turn my arse to the side a bit and sit like that anyway. The whole thing rattled and one of the flight attendants had this minging perfume on. Every time she walked past it was like smelling salts and I woke up, anxious about dropping out of the sky into the sea in the middle of the Atlantic, never to be seen again.

I'm not one for being bad on flights but that one was just shit.

Last edited:
Flown long maybe 10 times in last few years and the BA plane was the worst, proper old fashioned thing with cigarette stubber and ash trays in front of you. Flight was made marginally better when air- hostess (she recognised local accent) and showed me where the little bottles of wine were stored and asked me to help myself.

Thomas Cook in August was pretty shit, decent plane but having to pay for drinks was a first, and expensive too.

Delta,Air France and KLM have been the best

Used to fly to Australia quite regular when I worked on ships. All in economy class and being 6'5" was no good! Luckily the drinks were free so I'd usually have a skinful and then doze off to sleep :D

Got shitloads of avios to spend by next summer. Looked at Bemuda! As we want to use first class most flights are from london but hey ho. Any other suggestions?

Use this site to search for availability on the route you want otherwise you will smash the computer doing it on BA site. Lots of the first class seats will be gone for next summer depending on destination

Reward Flight Finder

What is economy class syndrome? Too much boozing to get you through it?
Getting shoe horned into a seat for hours, you develop blood clots and they kill you when they land near or in your lungs, heart or brain ( or all of the above)
I know lots of people ( in health care )who take aspirin leading upto a flight

Getting shoe horned into a seat for hours, you develop blood clots and they kill you when they land near or in your lungs, heart or brain ( or all of the above)
I know lots of people ( in health care )who take aspirin leading upto a flight

Grim that like.

Thankfully I was in an isle seat so could get up now and again The bloke in front declined to recline his seat otherwise I'd have been fucked.

Got shitloads of avios to spend by next summer. Looked at Bemuda! As we want to use first class most flights are from london but hey ho. Any other suggestions?

taxes on premium cabin flights are cheaper from Scotland. When they had a sale on you could go Inverness to jfk in F for about £600. Still via London.

looking at flying to Las Vegas with KLM instead of BA atm, just because their planes are shite. but i've got Bronze Status on BA and my mates got Gold, with a shit load of avois points anarl so its up in arms atm.

I rarely recline my seat on long haul but coming back from the states a few weeks ago on an overnight flight I thought nowt off it.
I almost came to blows with the bellend behind me who, instead of just saying excuse me mate" decided to start kicking and punching the back of my seat. His arse went when I got up mind.

I've got a nine and a half hour flight Heathrow to Miami (cattle class) on Monday, ot looking forward to that fcker
I take it that you asked him if it was ok with him to recline your seat prior to you doing it?

Good luck with actually booking a flight with them - I have struggled to use up my shit load ,probably better to book as usual and upgrade with Avios . I am eating into mine with short breaks around the UK - Did 3 night in Liverpool (mid week) last summer for 45000 for the 3 of us - ok it was the Jurys Inn next to the Arena - not the greatest hotel but ok and great location . Think Im down to 100,000 now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back