BA long haul flights...

Use this site to search for availability on the route you want otherwise you will smash the computer doing it on BA site. Lots of the first class seats will be gone for next summer depending on destination

Reward Flight Finder

you legend. Their website is soul destroying. Rang their ‘sales’ team to see if they could assist n they just said use the website ffs.

I took my first ever plane trip on the EZY6473 Easyjet Airbus A319-111 plane to Jersey for just over an hour and I thought that was lengthy.

Cannot imagine what a longer trip would be like but I can imagine it to be no less enjoyable. In fact I can see it being more enjoyable because you have all the advantages with experiencing what it is like to fly but even longer. I would relish a much longer flight. I cannot wait for next year. I want next summer to happen tomorrow. I am going to Germany with my lass to see a mate and another in Vienna using Berlin as a base. I think people who are used to it have just begun to take it for granted that's all.

I took my first ever plane trip on the EZY6473 Easyjet Airbus A319-111 plane to Jersey for just over an hour and I thought that was lengthy.

Cannot imagine what a longer trip would be like but I can imagine it to be no less enjoyable. In fact I can see it being more enjoyable because you have all the advantages with experiencing what it is like to fly but even longer. I would relish a much longer flight. I cannot wait for next year. I want next summer to happen tomorrow. I am going to Germany with my lass to see a mate and another in Vienna using Berlin as a base. I think people who are used to it have just begun to take it for granted that's all.

its really weird being on longer flights yes, its like an identical mode of transport that you’re in for a longer period of time. Blew my mind tbh.
you legend. Their website is soul destroying. Rang their ‘sales’ team to see if they could assist n they just said use the website ffs.

shame you have to subscribe for the ‘fly anywhere’ bit like.

its really weird being on longer flights yes, its like an identical mode of transport that you’re in for a longer period of time. Blew my mind tbh.

shame you have to subscribe for the ‘fly anywhere’ bit like.

Never had to use the fly anywhere bit but it is only £3.

I flew from Los Angeles to Sydney, back in 1992.
I flew cattle class, on Qantas, which wasn't too bad, as there was an endless supply, of 'complimentary' beer, to while away the long hours, spent on the plane.
15 hours LAX to Melbourne is my record on my honeymoon, shared a seat pair upstairs at the back of the A380, loads of room, side storage, great food and service as you'd expect from Qantas, free booze all the way. Not all economy seats are created equal

That will pass. Long-haul flights (in the main) are tedious at best.

15 hours LAX to Melbourne is my record on my honeymoon, shared a seat pair upstairs at the back of the A380, loads of room, side storage, great food and service as you'd expect from Qantas, free booze all the way. Not all economy seats are created equal
I loved flying with Qantas.
As you say, great food, attentive cabin crew, complimentary booze, and an all round great service.
We used Qantas for each leg of our journey/adventure, and by staying with Qantas, for the whole holiday, it kept the price down because we got free internal flights, throughout Australia. (Sydney > Melbourne > Brisbane > Perth)

I loved flying with Qantas.
As you say, great food, attentive cabin crew, complimentary booze, and an all round great service.
We used Qantas for each leg of our journey/adventure, and by staying with Qantas, for the whole holiday, it kept the price down because we got free internal flights, throughout Australia. (Sydney > Melbourne > Brisbane > Perth)
I flew with Qantas from Heathrow to Singapore on the A380 - Excellent.
Plenty of free booze & snacks and seating was spot-on - even in the downstairs cattle class.

I cameback from Tokyo with BA on 777 last monday.

Crrw and plane was totally fine. Plenty on the entertainment system too.

I like proper long flights.. Nice chill out period

Flew out on ANA on a 777 and that was less than 3 months old so entertainme t system had big very responsive screens a d the newer thinner seat

Very good service

Their unrefurbished 747s are a disgrace. Flew to Los Angeles on one last year and it was falling apart inside-dirty carpets, ancient screens, threadbare seats.

Flew London to Boston on the A380 with BA and it was class. Went with my brother and we were in a two seat section in the upper deck. Bliss.
I take it that you asked him if it was ok with him to recline your seat prior to you doing it?

What do you do if he says no? People should expect seats to be reclined on long haul, anyone who kicks off is a twat IMO.

Last edited:
I flew to Miami with BA long haul and thought it was canny but I am a short arse so extra leg room not needed really.

American airlines are streets ahead of most of our airlines though so doesn't surprise me there flight was good

Emirates is the best though nobody even comes close for long haul although you do have to pay the pennies to get on there

Flew to Lima last year on BA in premium economy and was absolutely delighted to be upgraded to business.
However, ancient plane, blurred screen, etc.
Would have been pissed off if I'd paid top whack for it.

On a different note, when I think of some of the traveling I did when I was younger, any seat in economy would have been luxurious compared to my worst ever trip.

25 hours on a Tanzanian bus from the Malawi border to Moshi near Kenya.
I had a seat for 8 hours and stood for 17 hours, in a queue in the aisle.
Ended up with diarrhoea with about 7 hours to go.

Every time the bus stopped to bribe a bloke at a weighbridge I rushed off into the bush to do my business, ripping pages out of my book.

I could leave the condition of the bus (and state of the suspension) to your imagination, but suffice to say, it was nee National Express.
Horrendous trip.

That said, now older, don't enjoy long haul economy and f***ing hate being kicked in the back.

Flew to Lima last year on BA in premium economy and was absolutely delighted to be upgraded to business.
However, ancient plane, blurred screen, etc.
Would have been pissed off if I'd paid top whack for it.

On a different note, when I think of some of the traveling I did when I was younger, any seat in economy would have been luxurious compared to my worst ever trip.

25 hours on a Tanzanian bus from the Malawi border to Moshi near Kenya.
I had a seat for 8 hours and stood for 17 hours, in a queue in the aisle.

Ended up with diarrhoea with about 7 hours to go.

Every time the bus stopped to bribe a bloke at a weighbridge I rushed off into the bush to do my business, ripping pages out of my book.

I could leave the condition of the bus (and state of the suspension) to your imagination, but suffice to say, it was nee National Express.
Horrendous trip.

That said, now older, don't enjoy long haul economy and f***ing hate being kicked in the back.
That sounds like a complete nightmare.
I could put up with the Eartha's but standing on a rickety rattler of a bus, for 17 hours. :eek:

That sounds like a complete nightmare.
I could put up with the Eartha's but standing on a rickety rattler of a bus, for 17 hours. :eek:

Yeah, that one's hard to forget.

Amongst others, hitched a lift from Greece to Hartlepool(!), did a 36 hour bus trip in Mexico, and all owa India on quite a few 24- 36 hour second class sleeper nee bother, but that bus trip was something else.
Absolutely awful.

But like, I said, don't look forward to long haul economy these days!

Yeah, that one's hard to forget.

Amongst others, hitched a lift from Greece to Hartlepool(!), did a 36 hour bus trip in Mexico, and all owa India on quite a few 24- 36 hour second class sleeper nee bother, but that bus trip was something else.
Absolutely awful.

But like, I said, don't look forward to long haul economy these days!
People are usually looking to get a lift AWAY from H/pool. :eek:
You're a glutton for punishment :lol:

Back