Away fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
But they're all around the west side of the ground. In fact from south west to north west.

The police observation point is in the sw corner though!!!

Exactly so none of the west side of the ground would work. The police observation point in in the south stand.

Seems daft for cup games to keep them up there. When there are about 60 Gillingham fans surely it makes sense to stick them in a corner.

Does anyone remember after the Coventry game, Donald said he would sort out a net or screen to protect fans in the north stand. Must have missed that.

In many ways the club made a monumental fuck up (nothing new there) when they moved the away fans to the north upper. I think it was Martin O'Neill who wanted them up there so not to give the away team advantage and it was implemented when he was here. When the stadium was built the North stand was the home end so the dressing rooms on that side and the teams come out and warm up etc on the north side. This most definitely wasn't thought about when moving the away fans up top so we still come out and warm up on the North stand when the home end and all the vocal support is at the other end of the stadium! The main thing they should do if they are not going to move the away fans is change the dressing rooms round / dugouts etc because for years now the whole home and away end is cockeyed

No not this shit again!the two best atmospheres in recent memory where against everton and chelsea all you need is a team on the pitch worth supporting !
Not sure that matters, even when the team is playing decent and winning the ground is silent. Those 2 games were must wins that only come around every now and then.
NWC makes more sense for the location of the away coaches. Only problem is the boxes.
The away coaches are in a bad place to be fair. Other than the North Stand, every other section of the ground is better suited for parking buses.

Last edited:
Moving them to the south stand would be insanity. Kicking all of us who actually make a noise out of our seats? There's be hell on.

Be interesting to see which section has the most season ticket holders and which has the least.

You’re ignoring my question as to why we should move people from the NE corner, it is a concession area too so that would go down well.
Guess it would have to be compulsory, same as sc holders that were told to move when upper tier closed. Could have the lower seats, right behind the goal up to the walk way in north stand as concession prices as they're always empty these days

Guess it would have to be compulsory, same as sc holders that were told to move when upper tier closed. Could have the lower seats, right behind the goal up to the walk way in north stand as concession prices as they're always empty these days
When they closed the concourse were the ticket holders not offered seats elsewhere at the same price they were paying originally so they were no worse off financially? The North Stand is not exactly sold out so if they did this cant see a problem. Either this or move the concession area across into the North Stand so far.

Last edited:
Keep them where they are. Best thing for atmosphere is the football, results/ important games and the lower tier been full.

Don’t think the changing rooms need to change over to the same side as the Roker End but I’d def Make the change to have the players warm up at that end as it would be better for the kids corner to watch our players and be closer to them. Plus it would be better for our players to be warming up in front of the fullest end and where any noise is! Also I’d have the players kick off the opposite way as a standard as well so kicking towards the Roker end second half.

Go to any match and look at how many are in the South Stand compared to the North Stand.
If the away fans do come back downstairs it's pretty obvious where they should go.

Chants of "where'd ya park ya mini bus!?" will drag the team over the line.
I used to but not any more. Make it as shite for them as possible.

This. Only change I would make is turn the seats round so they are looking away from the pitch.
In many ways the club made a monumental fuck up (nothing new there) when they moved the away fans to the north upper. I think it was Martin O'Neill who wanted them up there so not to give the away team advantage and it was implemented when he was here. When the stadium was built the North stand was the home end so the dressing rooms on that side and the teams come out and warm up etc on the north side. This most definitely wasn't thought about when moving the away fans up top so we still come out and warm up on the North stand when the home end and all the vocal support is at the other end of the stadium! The main thing they should do if they are not going to move the away fans is change the dressing rooms round / dugouts etc because for years now the whole home and away end is cockeyed

Or if you think the location of warm ups really make a difference then just have them run out and go across to the South Stand.

Or if you think the location of warm ups really make a difference then just have them run out and go across to the South Stand.

Last edited:
I used to but not any more. Make it as shite for them as possible.
This. Leave them where they are. I’ve read it suggested that we need them next to the south stand to create an atmosphere. How so? We didn’t need the feckers next to the Fulwell end to make it noisy. If an atmosphere is created it will be driven by a few thousand like minded souls getting revved up and it spreading around the ground.
people are too self conscious these days. Just let rip man.

This. Leave them where they are. I’ve read it suggested that we need them next to the south stand to create an atmosphere. How so? We didn’t need the feckers next to the Fulwell end to make it noisy. If an atmosphere is created it will be driven by a few thousand like minded souls getting revved up and it spreading around the ground.
people are too self conscious these days. Just let rip man.
People are just looking for excuses mate. Fact is we’ve been battered for years and the mentality within the fan base has changed. It’s up to us to sort the atmosphere out not the club. Winning a few games will help like.

How many of you agree that away fans should be housed back in the lower tier next season.

I believe it will introduce a better atmosphere than the situation we have currently.

You can’t beat sitting or standing close to your opponents.
ZZZZZZzzzzzzzz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back