Away fans

SEC. Never understood why we put our family section next to the singing section.

Family zone in the NEC, aways in the SEC. Singing section will have fans to bounce off, may introduce some noise in the East Stand and will make the lower bowl look fuller.

Designate the South Stand as the home end and kick towards it in the second half.

How many of you agree that away fans should be housed back in the lower tier next season.

I believe it will introduce a better atmosphere than the situation we have currently.

You can’t beat sitting or standing close to your opponents.
Would be a good idea and I’m sure stewy would of took the idea but I doubt it now that more than half want him gone 😆

Stop being grim look after away fans. We want that for our fans travelling, and when it comes to home games we have spare capacity now to look after them. There is no excuse for not being a welcoming and hospitable club.

They're not being moved next season, so redundant conversation unfortunately
According to a fan of a visiting club (possibly Lincoln) who posted on here, a steward at the SOL, told him the away fans were being moved next season.

Said it for years me, do away with the South stand.
Who was it Martin o Neil who insisted on the move, I think we need to sort it out myself. Away fans bring something to the party, it's about time we looked after tgem again, give them good seats and put decent beers on for them.

I think the South Stand has been a success.

Ok whilst we’re in L1 it’s drab but some of the big games were awesome in the Prem. I think from 1999 - 2013 there was no atmosphere in the majority of the stadium, just a pocket in the SW corner which was isolated between away fans and corporates / media. Now if the South Stand gets going it’s big enough to spread all the way round the bowl.

Fine to bring the away fans down - but keep the South Stand and keep the South Stand connected to the main body of our fan base. I think the away fans in the SWC would be fine.

SEC. Never understood why we put our family section next to the singing section.

Family zone in the NEC, aways in the SEC. Singing section will have fans to bounce off, may introduce some noise in the East Stand and will make the lower bowl look fuller.

Designate the South Stand as the home end and kick towards it in the second half.

this makes the most sense.

Must be easier keeping them up there when it comes to ticketing. They can allocate as much as they like up there without disrupting anything because all the seats are empty.

If the home and away fans are in the same end behind a goal, both teams would want to kick towards it second half though.

I thought it was a bit petty and pathetic that MK Dons blocked off that section behind the goal and essentially splitting up the Sunderland fans ! But i also understood 'why' they did it

But we shouldn't be going that way imo. Put the away fans in the lower section and improve the atmosphere

The away fans being up top seems to be killing our home record. What is it now? 2 home defeats in a season and a half?

I suggest the away fans are moved to wherever the people who want them moved currently sit.

Wont happen as that is probably the corner the biggest percentage of our fans arrive and leave by. Its on the way to the Wearmouth Bridge. The South stand has been sold as the home end and we have had the flags and stuff there. Putting the away fans back there is a complete non starter now as it would piss off some of the most vocal fans we have and the club would not be that stupid. It would be a PR disaster. There will be people pissed off wherever we move them if we do.

Last edited:

Back