Autistic lad leaves a bomb on a train

Status
Not open for further replies.
This.

It's funny that you never hear anyone claiming that the brown people are mentally ill or autistic, no they're just vile killers (which they are) but when this white guy comes along and could have caused the same devastation, it's a case of "he didn't mean it, he's just autistic".

Bollocks.
Nail

Heed

Also 'he was a loner'

Speaking of, just had to report a bag just sat on a bench on the tube platform. Don't know how people can be so thick given recent incidents.

This.

It's funny that you never hear anyone claiming that the brown people are mentally ill or autistic, no they're just vile killers (which they are) but when this white guy comes along and could have caused the same devastation, it's a case of "he didn't mean it, he's just autistic".

Bollocks.

You're comparing a mentally ill individual with an organised terror operation like Isis? Really:lol:
So who is the biggest threat to the British people at this current time? Mentally ill individuals like this character or is it Isis and their far reaching tentacles?
Reading the posts on this thread I looked up what defines a terrorist and sorry to disappoint but he isn't a terrorist. It's sad really but your lot wouldn't even attempt to to excuse Islam and look for something to deflect from the atrocities they commit if they were an indigenous terror group composed of whities. But because Isis are in the main those brown people you mentioned you have to try and deflect. Why do you and others want to deflect though? Because Isis atrocities take away from the myth that white man is evil and brown man is good. Sorry to spoil your smug and self satisfied world view.

You're comparing a mentally ill individual with an organised terror operation like Isis? Really:lol:
So who is the biggest threat to the British people at this current time? Mentally ill individuals like this character or is it Isis and their far reaching tentacles?
Reading the posts on this thread I looked up what defines a terrorist and sorry to disappoint but he isn't a terrorist. It's sad really but your lot wouldn't even attempt to to excuse Islam and look for something to deflect from the atrocities they commit if they were an indigenous terror group composed of whities. But because Isis are in the main those brown people you mentioned you have to try and deflect. Why do you and others want to deflect though? Because Isis atrocities take away from the myth that white man is evil and brown man is good. Sorry to spoil your smug and self satisfied world view.
Is anybody who is prone to committing these acts of terror not mentally ill? It's not a sane thing to do...

Is anybody who is prone to committing these acts of terror not mentally ill? It's not a sane thing to do...
Does believing in a cause mean you're mentally ill? I don't think it does so no they don't have to be mentally ill. The kid with the fake bomb had no cause.

The problem here is that his fixation, or obsession if you prefer was allowed to go unchallenged. I seriously question the decision to allow him to go off to uni on his own if his parents knew of his fixation.

My younger brother is obsessed with the Legend of Zelda and the youngest was hooked on Minecraft. We're very lucky that their obsession is with computer games.

Autism is not an excuse for what this guy did, and his parents must shoulder some of the blame, the severe lack of services for autistic adults doesn't help either.

Hopefully the guy gets the help he needs while inside.

Strapping sausages to your chest and attempting to detonate yourself isn't a sane thing to do.
Going to the extent of building a bomb takes a level of skill and sanity. You'll know what you're doing even if you don't think/care about the consequences

I see people are still struggling with the whole mental illness thing.

AUTISM IS NOT A MENTAL ILLNESS.

Big bold words good enough for you idiots???

It's a neurodevelopmental disorder, probably genetic with some external triggers. You are born with it. It is not an illness that gets better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back