Australia v New Zealand [Test Series]

I can see why Smith was livid with thar last dead ball decision, but really, if he's going to let that get to him as much as it appears, the Kiwi bowlers won't take long to shift him.

The in-studio commentary is dreadful. Can't BT Sport just take the whole Channel 9 feed?
Channel 9 don't have the rights anymore mate.

You know its pretty dire for the Kiwi's when you've got Travis Head and Tim Paine both on course for centuries.

And soon as I say that Tim Paine falls. Too late for the Kiwi's unfortunately. Australia look absolutely formidable at home. England's batting lineup has to have the look of it getting 500+ scores there or they're fucked really.

Last edited:
Great day at the MCG. Amazing ground... Lots of kiwis there.

What a difference watching cricket in 28c instead of wind, cold and rain

Puts England's ashes series in perspective this

2-2 and would have walked the other if not for rain

this Aussie pace attack is unreal

Not a popular view though is it, not allowed to give England praise!

michael vaughan just saying there that the aussies have been bowling teams out (england, pakistan and nz) for an average score of 237 lately... that's impressive form.

England had a fair bit of luck in two of those wins themselves, as great as it was, Ben Stokes should've been given out and Paine made a hash of the toss at the Oval. I don't think Australia were worth the win overall though as they were too reliant on one batsman primarily.

Different story on Australian pitches they have 7 or 8 batsman capable of scoring a century over there to back Steve Smith up.

interesting from kerry o'keefe saying that steve smith keeps getting out with shots played above the hip and that he has a problem dealing with them... hope england were listening

I can see why Smith was livid with thar last dead ball decision, but really, if he's going to let that get to him as much as it appears, the Kiwi bowlers won't take long to shift him.
He was wrong though, and the commentators. The law says you have to be taking evasive action, but he just stood there and let it hit him. He was effectively padding the ball away with his bat raised.

Got to wonder why the Aussies are killing the game by batting again when they've only bowled 55 overs and were 319 ahead. I'd be pissed off if I'd paid in advance to watch meaningless plodding instead of trying to win the game by just bowling them out again.

Yep was saying this throughout the Ashes, amongst all the mentally weak and useless crap comments chucked at our players.

Back