Australia v India

Status
Not open for further replies.

I see Pucovski retired hurt after getting hit in the head in a game for Australia A. He was expected to debut next week, couple of times he's been concussed and I think he took a break to get his head straight at one point. Seems he can't buy any luck at the moment.

I see Pucovski retired hurt after getting hit in the head in a game for Australia A. He was expected to debut next week, couple of times he's been concussed and I think he took a break to get his head straight at one point. Seems he can't buy any luck at the moment.
Pucovski has a bad history of concussions think this is his 9th concussion already at 22 years old.

Pucovski has a bad history of concussions think this is his 9th concussion already at 22 years old.
Wow, I knew it had happened once or twice but that's not good. Got to start damaging you mentally getting hurt that many times.

Someone will need to do this for us, always annoys me a bit that amount of batsman who get out just fending off the short ball, you can let it hit your body, it will hurt but it wont kill you

obviously that doesnt apply to the head!
Wow, I knew it had happened once or twice but that's not good. Got to start damaging you mentally getting hurt that many times.

I was reading up on it, I am no doctor but it started after a bad fall when playing AFL and he was out for 18 months

Now everytime he gets hit on the head it seems to lead to a concussion

I dont think its that he has a major problem with the short ball, he might not seen him enough, but more that when he does get hit, his body cant handle it.

If you think about it a lot of players get hit, not many get concussion

the only reaction needed really.

Last edited:

Someone will need to do this for us, always annoys me a bit that amount of batsman who get out just fending off the short ball, you can let it hit your body, it will hurt but it wont kill you

I was reading up on it, I am no doctor but it started after a bad fall when playing AFL and he was out for 18 months

I dont think its that he has a major problem with the short ball, he might not seen him enough, but more that when he does get hit, his body cant handle it.

"Wait till we get you to the Gabba" - epic.

I suspect they will use it as a pretext to sack Paine and reinstate Smith.

Very enjoyable, but given we have nine tests against them coming up, I wouldn't over-indulge the schadenfreude. They are obviously going to hand our arses to us in India, that's for sure - and if they have all their players fit, will give us a real game at home too.

They are the best all-surface team in the world. Think only question mark against them is the swinging ball in England. Will be a fantastic series, that - hope we're let in, got a few tickets!

No chance on Smith. Their media seem to be talking Cummings up. Expect Paine holds on.

Last edited:
I went to bed around lunch and the bookies only considered two options, Australia win or a draw, think India were something like 40/1 even during the first session of play.

But it was game on when India had only lost 3 wickets by tea.

Probably in many ways surpasses Englands win at headingly, given the record at Gabba, their depleted team, and Smith was playing in this one.

Why have Australia played India twice in a row at home? Should this series have been in India but cancelled because of Covid?

Very enjoyable, but given we have nine tests against them coming up, I wouldn't over-indulge the schadenfreude. They are obviously going to hand our arses to us in India, that's for sure - and if they have all their players fit, will give us a real game at home too.

They are the best all-surface team in the world. Think only question mark against them is the swinging ball in England. Will be a fantastic series, that - hope we're let in, got a few tickets!

No chance on Smith. Their media seem to be talking Cummings up. Expect Paine holds on.

The 2 aren’t related like

Losing in India can’t be compared to losing at home to India A

We beat a full strength India 4-1 at home

India haven’t lost at home since we beat them there, we just need to be competitive that’s all

That sledge will go down in history like

I wouldn’t mind it if they hadn’t spent the last 2 years talking about how top blokes they are with a great culture

Karma lads

They have Cummins n Hazlewood, shouldn’t need to do it

Last edited:
Australia now in danger of not making the final?

Both Aus and NZ have 2 tests away to Bangladesh, Australia have 3 tests away to SA. So I suppose if they win that they'd be ok.

Love Pujara, he’s an excellent number 3. Bats time, middle order will love him. One of the reasons I quite like Sibley is that he often sees off the new ball - makes it loads easier for Root/Stokes etc.

Australia now in danger of not making the final?

Both Aus and NZ have 2 tests away to Bangladesh, Australia have 3 tests away to SA. So I suppose if they win that they'd be ok.

They'd have to win 2-0 or better to overtake NZ, unless those Bangladesh series get rescheduled - I don't know if they're likely to happen before June or not.

England need to basically win 2-0 v Sri Lanka and beat India 3 times to have a realistic chance of making the final - otherwise they'd still need to win the series and have South Africa smash the Aussies, or have Bangladesh series to go ahead and for them to take a good chunk of points away from the Aussies and Kiwis.

Last edited:
Most of the byes were bouncers which went above Paine’s gloves and Lyons had one which hit a crack and suddenly became a leg-break which flew past everyone!

Not sure they set out to win at the start? Pujara scored about 10 off 90+ balls when he first went in, but he laid the foundations for the attack later on!

Although the Aussie batsmen have been fairly dire throughout the series, apart from Labucharge and Smith, it’s the bowlers who are copping it the most, particularly Lyons, who between them have been unable to take wickets on the last day!

Experts even blaming the Big Bash for the loss! See Wade’s dismissals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back