Australia 🇦🇺 v England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 2nd Test, Adelaide, D/N

The Prior/Cook analysis of the two games is worth looking at. Much emphasis on the pre-match decision making (e.g.choosing to bat at Brisbane, leaving out key players).
But we're just not as good as them, in any department. Right now, Woakes can make the team for his batting. The frontline batsmen are terrible, mainly. Please, no more Pope. Really, what's the point?

Aye mate, it's unfair on me just to single Pope out as there are other culprits too :lol:
Burns
Hameed
Pope
Buttler (expect his second innings today)

4 batsmen who should be scoring runs won’t include stokes as he clearly isn’t fit

Fact is if we take woakes out we are probably losing more runs than at least three of these. Thing with woakes is though his bowling over Australia is very poor so he is a catch 22.

Vince could be an option for Pope but is that a case of he is better because he does not play.

Dan Lawrence and Jonny bairstow one could replace Pope.

Don’t think we have anyone able to open could we move malan into the top 2? Having root (I know) in at 3 stokes at 4 with bairstow at 5.

No idea what I’m thinking just like I am mopping up water with paper

The Prior/Cook analysis of the two games is worth looking at. Much emphasis on the pre-match decision making (e.g.choosing to bat at Brisbane, leaving out key players).
But we're just not as good as them, in any department. Right now, Woakes can make the team for his batting. The frontline batsmen are terrible, mainly. Please, no more Pope. Really, what's the point?

I thought Cook and Prior were excellent all game

they were quite harsh, but not in an over the top say things for headlines way, just called it like it is.

2 England greats so they can speak with authority

I thought Cook and Prior were excellent all game

they were quite harsh, but not in an over the top say things for headlines way, just called it like it is.

2 England greats so they can speak with authority
They also both said that Burns should definitely play. Cook wouldn’t make a single change to the top 7 and Prior only one change. They gave exactly the same reasons that I gave and you dismissed out of turn. Perhaps you will listen to them? ;)

They also both said that Burns should definitely play. Cook wouldn’t make a single change to the top 7 and Prior only one change. They gave exactly the same reasons that I gave and you dismissed out of turn. Perhaps you will listen to them? ;)
I think Burns has done enough to stay. We could replace Hameed with Crawley, but there probably wouldn't be much point.
Pope is another matter. I would much rather see Bairstow in that position (or Lawrence, at a pinch).

Back