Australia 🇦🇺 v England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 2nd Test, Adelaide, D/N

Cook and Prior have picked their lineups for Melbourne. Cook has stuck exactly with 1-7 as they were in this test match. He has went Bess at 8 with Wood, Broad and Anderson. For Prior he has also kept 1-5 the same with Bairstow for Pope. He had woakes, wood, leach and either broad or jimmy.

Cook and Prior have picked their lineups for Melbourne. Cook has stuck exactly with 1-7 as they were in this test match. He has went Bess at 8 with Wood, Broad and Anderson. For Prior he has also kept 1-5 the same with Bairstow for Pope. He had woakes, wood, leach and either broad or jimmy.
Is Robinson injured or are they resting him? Bit odd to leave him out

Nee Ollie?
Nee Ollie for Prior and Cook said he would be watching Pope in the nets before making a decision on him, Crawley or Yjb. :confused:
Is Robinson injured or are they resting him? Bit odd to leave him out
Didn’t hear the patter about the bowlers. I think both wanted Wood in. Prior wanted Woakes at 8 for his batting and a spinner in Keach which left only one from jimmy, broad and Robinson. Cook just wanted what he sees as our 3 best in broad, jimmy and wood with bess at 8 for his batting.

Last edited:
Buttler's knock goes to show that so long as you're capable in technical terms Test batting is a mentality thing, it's enfuriating to see him pull out something like that knowing he won't do it again for probably another 10 innings or whatever

Buttler's knock goes to show that so long as you're capable in technical terms Test batting is a mentality thing, it's enfuriating to see him pull out something like that knowing he won't do it again for probably another 10 innings or whatever
Don’t think he’s batted badly this series albeit he’s yet to make a big score yet. His keeping is a bigger concern, can’t afford to drop catches at this level

Joe Root’s interview there was a bit bizarre. The main focus of criticism was the seam bowlers lengths. With two sub 250 scores, and not giving the seamers the support and diversity of a spinner, it was an odd place to start (even if correct).

still an issue though, they scored 470

I liked him saying it personally

no point criticising batsman who are absolutely gone in the head with nerves is there
Very harsh, especially since we could have bowled them out 200 runs cheaper if we could hold our catches. Not the bowlers fault we are consistently dropping catches. Would have been in the game without the drops - bowlers have done a fine job considering. Batsmen and fielders letting them down

They bowled too short like.
He looked knackered on day one. Just didn't look fit at all

Good bowler but he isn't fit enough

I dont know enough about cricket to know if its easy to make him fitter, by more work in gym etc, or if its just the way he built

he struggles to last games that go 5 days

Last edited:
still an issue though, they scored 470

I liked him saying it personally

no point criticising batsman who are absolutely gone in the head with nerves is there

They bowled too short like.

Good bowler but he isn't fit enough

I dont know enough about cricket to know if its easy to make him fitter, by more work in gym etc, or if its just the way he built

he struggles to last games that go 5 days

I’d like to see him take a bit more personal responsibility. If we’re a fragile side then say we’ve not performed as a team and I’m the captain of the team so take responsibility for that.

He mentioned the bowlers too short, he eventually mentioned batsman learning from Buttler’s application but when questioned on decisions made he mentioned it being easier in hindsight. That’s not strong leadership from Root.

I’d like to see him take a bit more personal responsibility. If we’re a fragile side then say we’ve not performed as a team and I’m the captain of the team so take responsibility for that.

He mentioned the bowlers too short, he eventually mentioned batsman learning from Buttler’s application but when questioned on decisions made he mentioned it being easier in hindsight. That’s not strong leadership from Root.

I cont think anyone can accuse Root of not taking responsibility this year like, done his best, barely been able to pick a first choice team

I cont think anyone can accuse Root of not taking responsibility this year like, done his best, barely been able to pick a first choice team

I’m talking about today’s specific interview not his performances with the bat.

He was asked about decision making and he evaded the question but he was ready to criticise the bowlers lengths and eventually the batsmen’s application. They’re both legitimate criticisms but if, as you say, confidence is fragile, then as captain he could have conducted that interview very differently and shouldered the responsibility for the last two results more (even if that isn’t wholly fair).

He’s part of a leadership team, and it’s not been good.

I’m talking about today’s specific interview not his performances with the bat.

He was asked about decision making and he evaded the question but he was ready to criticise the bowlers lengths and eventually the batsmen’s application. They’re both legitimate criticisms but if, as you say, confidence is fragile, then as captain he could have conducted that interview very differently and shouldered the responsibility for the last two results more (even if that isn’t wholly fair).

He’s part of a leadership team, and it’s not been good.

If he'd said everything was fine, you'd have criticised him then too, got to say something

I am pleased he mentioned the bowling, it was an issue 4 years ago, and it is why I was completely behind his selection for the first series, they completely fucked up for this test though

How can you not pick a spinner at Adelaide man, it always spins. But then again most on here didn't.

If he'd said everything was fine, you'd have criticised him then too, got to say something

I am pleased he mentioned the bowling, it was an issue 4 years ago, and it is why I was completely behind his selection for the first series, they completely fucked up for this test though

How can you not pick a spinner at Adelaide man, it always spins. But then again most on here didn't.

It's weird how much of a rock on you get over what people did or didn't select on here before the test match.

Back