Australia 🇦🇺 v England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 1st Ashes Test ⚱️ Brisbane

I'm normally in favour of just playing what is in front of us instead of looking too far ahead as we tried and failed with that in India this year. With Anderson this time though I can see the logic if he hasn't fully recovered from his calf injury. He only lasted a few overs in the 2009 Ashes with a similar problem and think we will be better served getting him right for the pink ball in Adelaide next week.
Got to play Leach though even if they think Stokes might not be able to bowl a full ration of overs.

I reckon the weather forecast has had a bearing on Jimmy’s non-selection
A good line up. Shame we have to listen to all Aussies on comms.

Glad to see 4 players who played a good chunk of 2010s involved.

As much as Sky is good it does get a bit dull listening to them talk about the 90s and early 00s an era I never saw.
Are there no TV highlights on free to view anywhere?
Doesn't look like it

"Ashes Daily will bring viewers right up to date with the latest from Australia and is available to BT Sport customers on TV, online, and via the BT Sport app with the best bits then available to everyone via YouTube (from 2pm).

It will also be made available as a podcast, available to download from all major providers.

A full 90 minutes of highlights will be made available every morning for BT Sport customers following the conclusion of Ashes Daily and repeated later in the day.

A shorter highlights package will also be available for BT Sport customers on app and btsport.com soon after the day’s play finishes.

Non-subscribers will be able to watch on the on the app and website at 4pm each day."

Last edited:
I think the inclusion of Pope is a mistake. He looks great, at his best, but generally flatters to deceive. I would sooner have Jonny in the team.

A good line up. Shame we have to listen to all Aussies on comms.

Glad to see 4 players who played a good chunk of 2010s involved.

As much as Sky is good it does get a bit dull listening to them talk about the 90s and early 00s an era I never saw.

Doesn't look like it

"Ashes Daily will bring viewers right up to date with the latest from Australia and is available to BT Sport customers on TV, online, and via the BT Sport app with the best bits then available to everyone via YouTube (from 2pm).

It will also be made available as a podcast, available to download from all major providers.

A full 90 minutes of highlights will be made available every morning for BT Sport customers following the conclusion of Ashes Daily and repeated later in the day.

A shorter highlights package will also be available for BT Sport customers on app and btsport.com soon after the day’s play finishes.

Non-subscribers will be able to watch on the on the app and website at 4pm each day."
Thanks, will watch on YouTube.

Back