Aurora Borealis

I was in bodo, northern Norway middle of February and we got a northern lights display the first night.

I’ve been to Norway 6 times and I’ve honestly never seen anything like that night. It blew my mind like. Was unbelievable. Must be class living there and getting to see that all the time.

Recently returned from Iceland. Took a night trip out to one of the National Parks. Stood outside in the freezing cold for two and a half hours. The stars were amazing, but no Northern Lights.

At midnight we got back on the coach for the return journey to Reykjavic. Everyone was on board, the guide said it wasn't to be and the coach engine started up.

We were just about to set off when someone taps on the door from outside advising the guide the Northern Lights were starting to appear. We all got out and it's fair to say that during the next 15-20 minutes I witnessed one of the most amazing sights I have ever seen in my life as the lights appeared, before melting away almost as quickly as they arrived.

Recently returned from Iceland. Took a night trip out to one of the National Parks. Stood outside in the freezing cold for two and a half hours. The stars were amazing, but no Northern Lights.

At midnight we got back on the coach for the return journey to Reykjavic. Everyone was on board, the guide said it wasn't to be and the coach engine started up.

We were just about to set off when someone taps on the door from outside advising the guide the Northern Lights were starting to appear. We all got out and it's fair to say that during the next 15-20 minutes I witnessed one of the most amazing sights I have ever seen in my life as the lights appeared, before melting away almost as quickly as they arrived.
I'm not the jealous type but...

Back