August Voting - Inspired by the style of Henri Cartier Bresson

Challenge winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont wanna copy people, i want them to copy me.
If I was being heartless I would say "No!, please no, not two Clydes!", but I can't be heartless because I have liked some of your photographs.

I don't want to copy people, and I don't want people to copy me either. But I think a competition where you are challenged to learn something, read more, seek out new destinations etc all adds to the skills of being a photographer (which I'm not, I just do it for fun).

, dunno what you mean by compressed, sorry.
compression

Think when sports photographers use long lenses, they make the players appear close together (athletes on the track) or mountains/buildings that appear close together etc.

Peachbum: has the spirit of HCB's work about it, for me more than any of the others this month. And the slightly wonky horizon is probably something he would have left in too ;).
Thanks TGS! :-D especially the bold.

I'm sure the nazis would have had him shot for wonkyism had they known

I don't know whether I should be allowed to comment on others shots when I've only one vote for a poor effort, but I've gone for the Great Soprendo which I think is a great photograph.
As much as I like Icarebecause it's possibly a bit more Ansel Adams than Bresson.Great photograph though.

ICBYD for me along with Smoker.
Being a photography Philistine I don't really have a clue whether they captured the months theme or not. I just used my usual method of choosing & went for the pic's I like or would have hanging on my wall.

phil - This could have been better imo, the cars need cutting out as currently they add nothing but if it was a frontal shot of say a Ferrari behind the beggar, or even a high quality car the contrast would have said more.
:neutral:

Phil - I'd like to know where the picture was taken, was it Leicester? (Thought the number plate suggests not?). Intriguing picture. The vehicles make it look a little modern though. VOTE

Well i told the wife to crawl faster to catch the Ferrari up but then she got ran over by the Fiat. I told her it was wasted effort as blood doesn't show up well in a B&W pic anyway!

Photo actually taken in Rome near the colisseum - good subject - crap photo. Was playing around with the pic in Adobe seeing the effects of adding some noise to make it look dated and somehow managed to discard most of the info on it so was just left with that.

Tom tom - much like the pics i take - doesn't work for some reason , maybe person in the foreground to give more of a focus might help.

ICBYD Like it a lot has a ghostly quality to it - intrigued by the different colour of the tree trunks in the foreground - was that just a standard B&W image? VOTE

Elliot for some reason doesn't do it for me and i usually like your pics

Hue jorgan a very good quality pic with a romantic quality - could be a still from some costume drama on the BBC . Again not quite sure why it doesn't quite appeal, maybe a slight profile or less of a crop to show what she is looking at might have improved it for me.

Smoker liked it a lot did you edit out the grafitti ;) VOTE

Clyde another technically good pic

Madmackem nice photo again doesn't quite grab me, a bit like TTM's doesn't maybe a closer crop on the guy or more foreground interest?

PB I like this it reminds of one of those trick multiple exposure shots where the same people are in it but in different positions. The two blokes look remarkable similar to each other. I think there is a great photo there somewhere but that is not quite it - maybe too much water at the bottom?

Phil - should do better!

GPS - lovely, The parents of the kids would treasure that. VOTE

Amnorrageoerdie potential there for a good photo but not doing it for me. I think it is everything going on in the background. On a tech note the speed wasn't fast enough to freeze the left hand. Maybe throwing the background out of focus more would help?

Anyway that's my 2penniesworth :)

I don't know whether I should be allowed to comment on others shots when I've only one vote for a poor effort, but I've gone for the Great Soprendo which I think is a great photograph.
As much as I like Icarebecause it's possibly a bit more Ansel Adams than Bresson.Great photograph though.

That is a quite a good call

I will vote for TGS. His subjects are very Bressonesque and also cute. Twats

Smoker liked it a lot did you edit out the grafitti ;) VOTE

Cheers. The shot was taken at Kielder Skyspace which is/was free of grafitti when we were there.

Over the moon to receive so many votes this month, this is not my speciality at all.

Well done ICBYD. Commiserations TGS.

Aye, well done indeed - a worthy winner.

Personally I'm delighted to have done so well, even though I didn't win. HCB's work and approach to photography appeals to me a lot so to get a lot of votes this month is great. Thanks for the votes and appreciative comments.

Well done fella. About bloody time like.

Eh? :lol:

Only my third entry, and had a strong second too ;)

My angel fish were cruelly ignored last year so I went off to sulk for a bit :p

I would just like to say this is a great triumph for horizontalism over the evil forces of the wonkyist

Beyond the trees the horizon was measured by a laser guidance system

Eh? :lol:

Only my third entry, and had a strong second too ;)

My angel fish were cruelly ignored last year so I went off to sulk for a bit :p

I would just like to say this is a great triumph for horizontalism over the evil forces of the wonkyist

Beyond the trees the horizon was measured by a laser guidance system

And here's me thinking it was the curvature of the earth.

Well done 1st and 2nd two great shots.
Thanks to the lone viewer out there who thought mine was worth a vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back