August 16th live footy on tv

Status
Not open for further replies.

Was a great night that, queued for hours to get in. Was doing me O Levels at the time
[/QUOfot
I was 17 back then (I won't give your age away) 😉
We left Hartlepool at 3pm to make sure we got in the queue fot the Fulwell.
Turned out it was a good decision, as the turnstiles closed, just as we got in the ground.

I was 16 wasn’t 17 until the December 😃 😜
Two of my "mates" who went to that game with me, later went over to the Darkside during the Keegoon era.
They crossed a line, true Sunderland fans would never ever contemplate doing.
We don't speak nowadays and our paths have never crossed for many years.

Last edited by a moderator:
Two of my "mates" who went to that game with me, later went over to the Darkside during the Keegoon era.
They crossed a line, true Sunderland fans would never ever contemplate doing.
We don't speak nowadays and our paths have never crossed for many years.
That’s disgusting that like. I’m not surprised your paths haven’t crossed. Joking aside, we could have all thought bugger this I’m off to support the more successful team. But how dirty would you feel, it’s not right man 🤬🤬😃

That’s disgusting that like. I’m not surprised your paths haven’t crossed. Joking aside, we could have all thought bugger this I’m off to support the more successful team. But how dirty would you feel, it’s not right man 🤬🤬😃
I respect their right to support whichever team they like.
I cannot respect their choice though.
I have no animosity towards them at all, we just drifted apart as mates, as I made new and better friends supporting my team, and they made friends with others who followed their team.
Such is life.

I respect their right to support whichever team they like.
I cannot respect their choice though.
I have no animosity towards them at all, we just drifted apart as mates, as I made new and better friends supporting my team, and they made friends with others who followed their team.
Such is life.
Mmm I respect you giving them a choice and having no animosity, fair play, me, I’d have punched their noses in 😃

Mmm I respect you giving them a choice and having no animosity, fair play, me, I’d have punched their noses in 😃
😂
It worked out for the best.
They seen better football but I got an amazing set of mates from all over the North East, who I wouldn't swap for a lotto jackpot.
We've been through thick and mainly thin for 40 years, and I'd be knackered without them. 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back