Auf Wiedersehen, Pet

Status
Not open for further replies.

not worth watching all the best bits are edited out. they have to fit it into an hour and so have chomped 5-6 minutes out fo it to allow for the extra adverts you get compared to the original ad breaks
Correct. They chopped out possibly the finest bit in the whole first series, where they go to the Indian restaurant the first time

I never realised that Kevin Whately and Gary Holton were both older than Tim Healy and Jimmy Nail
Tim Healy was very old for his age back in the day

Never watched it and dont ever intend to

Strange considering they went to see a Sunderland away friendly in Europe, so you'd have thought Sunderland fans would have held a slight warmth to it? I know I always have. Oz a through and through Geordie kitted out in Safc gear, it would never happen these days.

They destroyed the 2nd series by chopping it up into 30 min episodes instead of the 50 mins they were originally planned to be because they (ITV) wanted to put it up against Eastenders :rolleyes:

They destroyed the 2nd series by chopping it up into 30 min episodes instead of the 50 mins they were originally planned to be because they (ITV) wanted to put it up against Eastenders :rolleyes:
It had previously been shown as full episodes of 1 hour including adverts long before the 30 minute debacles.

That was 2 years after it had been broadcast in it's original form at the then prime spot of 9pm on a Friday night

Fantastic programme.

A load of the episodes were on Youtube for a while.

I've been rewatching them on the Kodi.

In the episode entitled "The Fugitive" (S1 Ep8) that has just been on the Yesterday channel and will be on Yesterday +1 now the lads help a Brit in trouble ....a bloke called Colin who has just deserted the army....guess who Colin is...

Logon or register to see this image

A clue. In the end titles his name is without an 'e' on the end.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back