Athletico Mince

Status
Not open for further replies.
Latest one is topper. Gangs of EPL and crime files are outstanding. :lol:
Latest one is topper. Gangs of EPL and crime files are outstanding. :lol:

Listen to Andy Dawson's other one, top flight time machine. It's not as funny as it once was but try the Keane books as a jumping off point which are hilarious
tbh, if it wasn't for Bob Mortimer, I wouldn't listen to Athletico Mince - so TFTM isn't really on my radar.
have a look at gossip mongers, just discovered it and a great easy listen with lots of giggles
Didn't see this reply until I got home - but I did download The Political Podcast before setting off, and its pretty good so far after 3 eps.

Only issue is, the mics are far too quiet, and I struggled to hear quite a bit - and then as it was turned up so high, the satnav voice was f***ing blasting :D

tbh, if it wasn't for Bob Mortimer, I wouldn't listen to Athletico Mince - so TFTM isn't really on my radar.

Didn't see this reply until I got home - but I did download The Political Podcast before setting off, and its pretty good so far after 3 eps.

Only issue is, the mics are far too quiet, and I struggled to hear quite a bit - and then as it was turned up so high, the satnav voice was f***ing blasting :D

Fair enough. Dawson plays a similar role in TFTM where he mainly let's Sam Delaney do the bulk of the talking. Sam Delaney is genuinely f***ing hilarious do Dawson knows what he's doing

Fair enough. Dawson plays a similar role in TFTM where he mainly let's Sam Delaney do the bulk of the talking. Sam Delaney is genuinely f***ing hilarious do Dawson knows what he's doing
Agreed, Sam is mint, but Dawson has really grown on me, he may not be as creative but her facilitates a lot of the best bits on both podcasts.

Andy must be moving up in the world
Instead of his trips up the Asda I've seen him in Sainsburys twice in the last few weeks

By the way, I didn't say I didn't like Andy Dawson's contribution on AM. I just said that if it wasn't for Bob, I wouldn't have got into it and wouldn't have stuck with it.

That's not the same as saying Dawson is shite :lol:

Now... There's almost 280 podcasts. Do I start from the beginning?

If you've got the time to from the start. The show has evolved a lot and there's a lot of "in jokes" in there so the further been you go the better. But a good starting point would be the Keane book they do which will give you a feel for the humour. If you don't like that you aren't going to like the rest (and you're probably dead inside)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back