At what point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we accept that there’s still a huge part of our fan base that hasn’t accepted our current situation? I’m not one of those people that thinks our fans are to blame for everything, and certainly the last few years have been torrid and would test even the most loyal of supporters. I think we’re all in agreement Parkinson was a horrendous appointment and some seen that from the off, but the majority were prepared to get behind him and give him a chance. We all know Methven and Donald need to leave but if they are the people behind current decisions they have to do something, there’s matters at hand to be dealt with. We can hope the potential new owners have something to do with the restructuring of the club but even if not, the people there now are at least doing something.

I can’t ever remember a time where as a whole our fans have been this negative. Every news story on social media is met with negative comments, every tweet from the club is met with negative comments. Every thread on here is met with fans arguing amongst themselves, even insulting each other. It used to be a decent place to come and have a read and a bit of crack.

The appointment of Speakman has potential to be positive yet many have written him off already, when I seen he had a Twitter account I could only see that ending badly at the moment.
I’m not at all saying Lee Johnson is the best manager we could’ve got, but I certainly don’t think he’s the worst. The fact of the matter is the football could not have been any worse under Parkinson and if Johnson is going to get us playing attacking football, I’m up for getting behind that. I’d rather see us have a right go at it than sit back for 90 mins and concede late on. I genuinely believe it must be one of the most challenging jobs in football at the minute given the free fall of the club and the generally large negative portion of our fan base.
It’s an unprecedented situation: We’re in league one, it’s not very nice. We don’t even have the enjoyment of a few beers pre and post match which let’s be honest was the reason most of us still went. Our owners are not the people to take us forward, we all know this. It’s a dire situation all round.

Hopefully, things are changing for the better and all we can do is wait and see and get behind the lads in the mean time. Let the behind the scenes stuff happen without the incessant bickering and whinging. But what happened to being those fans that gave everyone connected with the club a fighting chance of being a hero here? The passionate fans that when are all together are the best in the country. We’ve gone through bad times and we’ll do so again, but we always fell back on getting behind the lads and the club through thick or thin. If it is Johnson, give him a chance, it might even work out well. If the new ownership structure is as reported, it might even work out well. The only thing for certain is that we all need to be pulling in the same direction for anything to have a chance. Ha’way the lads and KTF.

This, well said pal. We are a premier league club with a league one quality chairman. Sooner that twats bundled out and we can start recovering the better. And I don’t buy this takeover sham.
Generous. He’s a poor conference owner

I think most will give the new manager a chance and get behind him, what he won’t get though is time. Whilst Donald/Methven/Rodwell are still at the club (regardless of their input), any appointments made will be guilty by association if things aren’t going well on the pitch. The pressure Johnson will be under will be immense.

Do we accept that there’s still a huge part of our fan base that hasn’t accepted our current situation? I’m not one of those people that thinks our fans are to blame for everything, and certainly the last few years have been torrid and would test even the most loyal of supporters. I think we’re all in agreement Parkinson was a horrendous appointment and some seen that from the off, but the majority were prepared to get behind him and give him a chance. We all know Methven and Donald need to leave but if they are the people behind current decisions they have to do something, there’s matters at hand to be dealt with. We can hope the potential new owners have something to do with the restructuring of the club but even if not, the people there now are at least doing something.

I can’t ever remember a time where as a whole our fans have been this negative. Every news story on social media is met with negative comments, every tweet from the club is met with negative comments. Every thread on here is met with fans arguing amongst themselves, even insulting each other. It used to be a decent place to come and have a read and a bit of crack.

The appointment of Speakman has potential to be positive yet many have written him off already, when I seen he had a Twitter account I could only see that ending badly at the moment.
I’m not at all saying Lee Johnson is the best manager we could’ve got, but I certainly don’t think he’s the worst. The fact of the matter is the football could not have been any worse under Parkinson and if Johnson is going to get us playing attacking football, I’m up for getting behind that. I’d rather see us have a right go at it than sit back for 90 mins and concede late on. I genuinely believe it must be one of the most challenging jobs in football at the minute given the free fall of the club and the generally large negative portion of our fan base.
It’s an unprecedented situation: We’re in league one, it’s not very nice. We don’t even have the enjoyment of a few beers pre and post match which let’s be honest was the reason most of us still went. Our owners are not the people to take us forward, we all know this. It’s a dire situation all round.

Hopefully, things are changing for the better and all we can do is wait and see and get behind the lads in the mean time. Let the behind the scenes stuff happen without the incessant bickering and whinging. But what happened to being those fans that gave everyone connected with the club a fighting chance of being a hero here? The passionate fans that when are all together are the best in the country. We’ve gone through bad times and we’ll do so again, but we always fell back on getting behind the lads and the club through thick or thin. If it is Johnson, give him a chance, it might even work out well. If the new ownership structure is as reported, it might even work out well. The only thing for certain is that we all need to be pulling in the same direction for anything to have a chance. Ha’way the lads and KTF.

I agree. Always remember that this forum isn't fully representative of our fanbase and its views. I know far more people who have never heard of the SMB than those who do. I dip in now and again, see how mad it is and dip out again, I feel far better about things the less I read this forum.

Our fans are browbeaten given four years of absolute shite, I get that. Theres an awful lot of anger and resentment at what got us into this position and especially in the last two and a bit seasons deciisions that have kept us in this division.

We wanted rid of Parky and we got it. Johnson - well if he's going to play attacking football hes got me onside already. Given what you read in matchday threads too thats what the majority of us want isn't it?

I'm optimistic, lets see what happens.

i dont think we should accept shit and nothing wrong on wanting better for your club i.e Donald and salmon pants, but think some of the craic over lee Johnson is a bit shit tbh, condemning before he has managed a game doesn't sit well with me

We are in div 3 and have an owner who tells us Charlton are bigger than us. Ppl will question stuff now after last time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back