Asteroid a MILE wide to hurtle past Earth in 72 HOURS - as experts warn of MASS EXTINCTION

Status
Not open for further replies.

really

I read the news today oh boy
Four thousand holes in Blackburn, Lancashire
And though the holes were rather small
They had to count them all
Now they know how many holes it takes to fill the Albert Hall.
I'd love to turn you on.
Songwriters: LENNON, JOHN WINSTON / MCCARTNEY, PAUL JAMES
A Day In The Life lyrics © Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC
Righto, got you now. Potholes in the roads!

If an asteroid was anywhere near close to actually hitting us it would not be in the papers, the government would censor it to hell and back to avoid mass panic.

And go into nuclear bunkers and replace themselves on the surface with body doubles.

That wouldn't be possible as it's amateur astrologers who do most of the observing.

I think it would be possible maybe, gov would get to hear about it, they would slap d-notices on the media and tell them not to say a word.. Then they would ridicule any story that had got out, maybe get the daily mail to do a story on it, that should be enough to put peoples minds at rest.
People can be silenced in the interest of national security, possible even locked up...

If an asteroid was anywhere near close to actually hitting us it would not be in the papers, the government would censor it to hell and back to avoid mass panic.

Why bother stopping panic if it was going to be an extinction event? Might as well let us enjoy our last few hours raping, pillaging and getting that massive TV finally.

Serious question. If something like that was coming straight at us, could be move the planet a bit so the asteroid missed us? With rockets or something? I know not with 72 hours notice... but some times you know years in advance don't you?
If you line up loads of powerful cars not the equator and everyone wheel spins we could make the earth spin that little bit faster.
However when they brake it might slow it down again

Is this likely to be the kind of thing that does eventually wipe us out?
yes, there's places all round the world that have evidence that earth has took loads of batterings before humans. There are some places where small meteors have hit while humans have been alive.
I've been to a place in Idaho called craters of the moon, it's a huge area covered in small crater holes in rock. No way something on this planet has done it.

It's scary that we know so little about space

Why bother stopping panic if it was going to be an extinction event? Might as well let us enjoy our last few hours raping, pillaging and getting that massive TV finally.
The last hour of your life you'd live like a king

yes, there's places all round the world that have evidence that earth has took loads of batterings before humans. There are some places where small meteors have hit while humans have been alive.
I've been to a place in Idaho called craters of the moon, it's a huge area covered in small crater holes in rock. No way something on this planet has done it.

It's scary that we know so little about space

The last hour of your life you'd live like a king
HHGTTG knows "Space," it says, "is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mindbogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space

HHGTTG knows "Space," it says, "is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mindbogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space
As Calvert once said Space is infinite it is dark! Space is neutral it is Cold! Stars occupy mynute areas of space they are clustered a few billion here a few billion there as if seeking consolation in numbers! - so true

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back