Asteroid a MILE wide to hurtle past Earth in 72 HOURS - as experts warn of MASS EXTINCTION

Status
Not open for further replies.

its only a mile across and by my estimations the world is thousands of miles circumferential, thereby anything a poxy mile across is hardly likely to cause much disruption.

scare mongerers

chances are it would probably land in the sea anyway

its only a mile across and by my estimations the world is thousands of miles circumferential, thereby anything a poxy mile across is hardly likely to cause much disruption.

scare mongerers

chances are it would probably land in the sea anyway

It's not so much the size of it as the mass and the speed you have to worry about. :lol:

It's not so much the size of it as the mass and the speed you have to worry about. :lol:

Patrick Moore once tried to reassure people about this kind of thing, saying that the empty spaces around the earth are much bigger than the planet itself making us a tiny target in a huge area. Had he been more conversant with SAFC he might have likened the force firing out these objects to Jozy Altidore doing the crossbar challenge with the meteor as the football and planet earth as the crossbar.

Patrick Moore once tried to reassure people about this kind of thing, saying that the empty spaces around the earth are much bigger than the planet itself making us a tiny target in a huge area. Had he been more conversant with SAFC he might have likened the force firing out these objects to Jozy Altidore doing the crossbar challenge with the meteor as the football and planet earth as the crossbar.

Exactly. If several million miles away is close then the chance of something a mile wide hitting us is miniscule.

Danny Graham scored on Saturday.

Has it gone past yet? I forgot and I've just put the bathroom towels out on the line.

Fuck it, im off to max out my credit cards on Eastern European hookers and Bolivias finest.

It better hit.

As Calvert once said Space is infinite it is dark! Space is neutral it is Cold! Stars occupy mynute areas of space they are clustered a few billion here a few billion there as if seeking consolation in numbers! - so true

Space is a property of the Universe. If it is infinite why is the Universe still expanding ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back