Aspartame

• Thread starter Deleted member 26533
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
probably a touch too aggressive but im sick of intelligent threads that get thrown off course and sabotaged by nothing 'toilet humour' comments - you should be challenged.

id ask myself what ian curtis would think about your immature comment and maybe about our aspartame debate too - he's obviously your hero.

:neutral: well you've just lowered the tone of the thread slightly deeper with your overly aggressive, roid related no doubt, ranting.

and for the record it was an intelligent debate at post zero, after that it was full of theorists and caffeine addicts. Also; you're horrifically out of your depth on this thread having read your responses TBH.

the butchko et al report would have most probably been commissioned by the aspartame industry if not directly by the main manufacturer - very big research reports like this are normally funded by the party interested in the result that vindicates the safety of the subject.

im personally sure that there will have been many points omitted from that report that were less than favourable to the perception of aspartame being safe.

how can you be sure that the hundreds of millions of people who have consumed aspartame over the past 30 years haven't suffered from migraines, seizures, depression etc? it has been alleged by credible people.

I follow my gut instincts in situations like this. im of the opinion it isn't safe. ok single dose trace elements would put you on your back but the more and more you consume it in the different products that are out there and it builds up.

i don't trust reports or commissions that are probably funded by the very companies that have a vested interest in seeing this product replace sugar.

:neutral: well you've just lowered the tone of the thread slightly deeper with your overly aggressive, roid related no doubt, ranting.

and for the record it was an intelligent debate at post zero, after that it was full of theorists and caffeine addicts. Also; you're horrifically out of your depth on this thread having read your responses TBH.

roid related? you've lost it pal.

im making comments related to the thread that represent my views on the matter, you keep your views in the toilet. if thats your level fair one, play to your strengths.

the butchko et al report would have most probably been commissioned by the aspartame industry if not directly by the main manufacturer - very big research reports like this are normally funded by the party interested in the result that vindicates the safety of the subject.

im personally sure that there will have been many points omitted from that report that were less than favourable to the perception of aspartame being safe.

how can you be sure that the hundreds of millions of people who have consumed aspartame over the past 30 years haven't suffered from migraines, seizures, depression etc? it has been alleged by credible people.

I follow my gut instincts in situations like this. im of the opinion it isn't safe. ok single dose trace elements would put you on your back but the more and more you consume it in the different products that are out there and it builds up.

i don't trust reports or commissions that are probably funded by the very companies that have a vested interest in seeing this product replace sugar.

Keep doing so and I'll keep going by what is supported in the scientific literature.

Using the source of funding (I'm not sure what the source of funding was for the Butcko review) as the sole reason of dismissing research is a complete cop out. Research costs money.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yet you don't even bother to check if it is? Which are the important studies that show the dangers in your opinion? On what grounds do you dismiss the research that hasn't been funded by the industry?

Keep doing so and I'll keep going by what is supported in the scientific literature.

Using the source of funding (I'm not sure what the source of funding was for the Bucko review) as the sole reason of dismissing research is a complete cop out. Research costs money.

To be fair (not that aukq has the first clue because he hasn't read it), some of the authors work for Nutrasweet. But it takes about ten minutes to do a cursory scan of the literature to find plenty of studies that have no links to industry finding no dangers and see the obvious flaws in some of the papers that do find dangers.

roid related? you've lost it pal.

im making comments related to the thread that represent my views on the matter, you keep your views in the toilet. if thats your level fair one, play to your strengths.

You're clearly too thick to note the point I was actually making. Surreptitious as it was, and thinly veiled with humour it was 100% lost on you.

Anyway, reading the other shite you're spouting on aspartame research. I too follow my gut, and my gut is telling me you know not a lot about not a lot.

To be fair (not that aukq has the first clue because he hasn't read it), some of the authors work for Nutrasweet. But it takes about ten minutes to do a cursory scan of the literature to find plenty of studies that have no links to industry finding no dangers and see the obvious flaws in some of the papers that do find dangers.

Yep. My point was that it's an easy way to try and re-enforce your own bias on a topic to dismiss scientific research based purely on funding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back