Ashley Fletcher to Boro £7m

I think it's a lot of cash and probably not a necessary signing when you already have Bamford, Gestede and Assombalonga.

I think they'll go up this season, certainly finish above us. They're basically doing a Newcastle by all accounts, which is all very well until they have a squad of 40 going into August next year and can't get rid of all these players they've signed who cant make the step up. That risk is something we can't afford to take anymore
It's okay because we'll be nowhere near promotion anyway

West Ham supporting mate says he's shite. It's only Rudy Gested that I am convinced of at this level out of their front line. Braitwaite could easily flop, Assombalonga is damaged from injury, Bamford has a questionable attitude.

Then again, a striker only needs to score 4 goals down here at the right time to earn 12 points which is the difference between promotion/playoffs/mid table.

So what was your point? If we signed Assombalonga people might not be happy because £14 million for a player is risky because he might not be good in a league that we aren't currently in and aren't likely to be in next year either?
Or maybe if the smogs were to get promotion, it's possible he won't be good enough for that league.....

That's what I don't understand. They spent a fortune to get up. Refused to spend big and got relegated. Now they are spending big again! Would surley have made more sense to spend this money last year or even in January when they had a chance of staying up.
I think it might be the pollution mate, they've had a one year delayed reaction!

I think they'll go up this season, certainly finish above us. They're basically doing a Newcastle by all accounts, which is all very well until they have a squad of 40 going into August next year and can't get rid of all these players they've signed who cant make the step up. That risk is something we can't afford to take anymore
Nailed the situation on the head mate

Fletcher is a big lad - 6'3" or so - and he has a far better first touch than someone like Gestede. Lacks a bit of pace, but it's really hard to judge him on last season.

He started three games for West Ham - Man U, Man C and Arsenal - he scored one. The rest were brief sub appearances.

He should have played at the back end of last year but WHU had another useless South American loan at the club - Calleri, who was unbelievably favoured (owners' pick?).

Lot of money for what he's done so far, but this might not be as daft as it first looks.

Back