Ashes Second Test - Adelaide

Status
Not open for further replies.
No idea what to do for the next test. Ali clearly isn't fit. Don't know what is up, but he's miles away from form. Problem is, our over reliance on all rounders means we can't afford to lose him and his 30.50 average. Bairstow and Root have to move up the order. Can we bring Stokes in? I don't think so. Nothing has changed and he'd be in a hiding to nothing. What other options? wood? Crane? Does Ali get in the side as a batsman only? What a shit f***ing squad the selectors have picked.....

FWIW
Cook, Stoneman, Root, Bairstow, Ali, Ballance, Foakes, Woakes, Overton, Wood, Anderson

Foakes he been in good nick with the bat for the Lions. He batted at 3 against Queensland to get some practice in. I'd drop Ali and Vince, bat Bairstow at 3 and go for Foakes at 7. Crane as spinner.

I'd bring Crane in as spinner. Ali shouldn't bat in top 6 in anything other than Asian conditions.

Pick between him and Foakes at 7 but I would really want to take the gloves off Bairstow.

Wood for Broad and Stokes for Overton.

Stoneman
Cook
Root
Stokes
Bairstow
Malan
Ali
Woakes
Wood
Anderson
Crane

The only change I would consider is Foakes for Vince which doesn't say much for the squad. We are missing Stokes even more than I thought. He's probably our 2nd best batsman and 2nd best bowler. Like taking Warner and Starc out of their XI.

must admit I have been on a few down the years and seen us get three quarters of four fifths of fuck all every time.

Doing that T20 Tasman Series this time.

Can tell you now who will make the Final.
It's a meaningless white ball comp, Bayliss and FTECB's holy grail, so we'll probably win that.

Fully expect the usual ECB shambles before the Boxing Day Test. Call up 2 or 3 players from the Lions and parachute them in ahead of the reserve players picked in the original squad

:lol:

What happened to Vince? He looked beautiful in the first innings in Brisbane.

The Aussies put in a fielder to stop the cover drive?
Even Smith and Warner looked ordinary with the pink ball. I'd give Vince another test (despite what I stated earlier)

No idea what to do for the next test. Ali clearly isn't fit. Don't know what is up, but he's miles away from form. Problem is, our over reliance on all rounders means we can't afford to lose him and his 30.50 average. Bairstow and Root have to move up the order. Can we bring Stokes in? I don't think so. Nothing has changed and he'd be in a hiding to nothing. What other options? wood? Crane? Does Ali get in the side as a batsman only? What a shit f***ing squad the selectors have picked.....

FWIW
Cook, Stoneman, Root, Bairstow, Ali, Ballance, Foakes, Woakes, Overton, Wood, Anderson

Is Broad still worth his place?
broad has a good record in oz and i dont think he's bowled too badly, always been frugal in the first two tests whereas woakes has only shone under lights,
Ballance/Vince - wouldnt want another lefty in that lineup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back